Hacking Playing GBA roms on the DS lite ?

xXGameFanXx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to play to play gba roms on the ds ?? If yes then how ? I know there are somethings called slot-2 cards or whatever but I don't know much about it . Sorry if It's a stupid question but I haven't really looked into it . I have a R4ds but I do know that you can't play gba games on that so please help
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For starters, please use the standard font and size when doing normal posting. It's annoying to read other ones.

Second, you need a slot-2 cart, as you said, to play them, or an iPlayer to emulate them. I suggest you buy an EZ Flash 3-in-1. It works great with my R4 (just use GBAexplodr or whatever it's called) and it's pretty cheap, not to mention it also acts as extra power for some homebrew/Opera browser, can play GBA games up to 32mb (and every GBA game, outside of the movies, are under 32mb), and also has rumble support.

Hope that helps.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Slot-2 cards are cartridges that fit into the DS' bottom slot. They can be used to put stuff, like GBA games, on them using all sorts of SD cards or flash memory, in order to play them.

That's the only practical way to play em' on DS, except for the iPlayer, which uses the DSi's extra muscle to pump out GBA emulation at decent speeds.

Woopse, looks like Guild McCommunist came to the rescue before me.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok firstly, please change the font I had to squint to read it (old eyes man). Secondly yep you have to have a slot 2 device, they go into the GBA part.

I had a M3 CF which is fucking old but you could use, there is also a EZ Flash Expansion 3 in 1. Dunno of others.

EDIT: Beaten to it...TWICE!

xXGameFanXx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
For starters, please use the standard font and size when doing normal posting. It's annoying to read other ones.

Second, you need a slot-2 cart, as you said, to play them, or an iPlayer to emulate them. I suggest you buy an EZ Flash 3-in-1. It works great with my R4 (just use GBAexplodr or whatever it's called) and it's pretty cheap, not to mention it also acts as extra power for some homebrew/Opera browser, can play GBA games up to 32mb (and every GBA game, outside of the movies, are under 32mb), and also has rumble support.

Hope that helps.

Alright so I think I've heard some people around here talking about that so looked it up and It says it doesn't come with instructions (naturally)
unsure.gif
so If I buy it what do I have to do when I get it?? I'm just asking because when I got my R4 it took me at least 3 days to figure out how to get the games to play hahaha . And I changed the post to normal text . Sorry about that
rolleyes.gif
Thanks for the help though !

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
OK... You have had some answers already to questions that are fully explored elsewhere on the forum... Please, use the SEARCH button at the top to save people having to repeat themselves.

What is really frustrating is that you even admit to asking a question before doing any research yourself.

xXGameFanXx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:

Hope that helps.

Ok just 1 question ! In youtube some videos of the EZ Flash 3-in-1 when they start a GBA game theres some thing around the sreen that says GBA or GBA loader is this on the whole time that you're playing ?? Because it kinda bothers me
unsure.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xXGameFanXx said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Hope that helps.

Ok just 1 question ! In youtube some videos of the EZ Flash 3-in-1 when they start a GBA game theres some thing around the sreen that says GBA or GBA loader is this on the whole time that you're playing ?? Because it kinda bothers me
unsure.gif

It's just a skin that you can customize. I don't know if you can disable it or not, but odds are you can at least get a blank skin. It's really not a big issue for me, I don't notice it too much.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
xXGameFanXx said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Hope that helps.

unsure.gif

It's just a skin that you can customize. I don't know if you can disable it or not, but odds are you can at least get a blank skin. It's really not a big issue for me, I don't notice it too much.

If you flash it to the NOR and start it up from the regular DS menu screen it seems to just give it a black border, but I think you can replace the image in the flashcart firmware to something else.

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
geoflcl said:
That's the only practical way to play em' on DS, except for the iPlayer, which uses the DSi's extra muscle to pump out GBA emulation at decent speeds.

I would like to point out, A: DSI mode has NOT been cracked so the cartridge cannot access it, B: the Iplayer has 400Mhz of power and 32mb of RAM inside the cartridge itself, Veho made a very good post which I feel explained how it works by taking Gamecube played on GBA.

Basically Veho used a GBA tuner connected to the Gamecube.

That is what the Iplayer does, your are NOT playing the GBA game on the DS, you are playing it on the cart.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
The iPlayer is a pure DSi cart? WOW!! I thought it has a 32MB RAM inside the cart and not using the DSi's RAM. Care to enlighten me with this. I already know the iPlayer has RAM but someone said it uses the DSi's RAM.

EDIT: Im already answered by the post before me. darn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over