Hacking Playing GBA games on the DS

coroner4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for reading this thread. I'm sure this question was asked (and answered) several times and I searched the forum, but I'm more confused now then when I've started looking for the answer.

I have a DS Lite and an R4DS Slot-1. Perfect for playing DS games. Now, what do I need to play GBA games on my DSL?

I assume I need a Slot-2 card, but which one is "the best" (like the R4) and fits the DS? And I saw some Slot-2 cards that don't support GBA. How come? And what else do I need? Passkey? Or can I use my R4 for that purpose?

As you can see, I'm confused. Can anyone give me some tips, please? All I want is to play some GBA games on my DS...

Thank you.
grog.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You don't need a passkey. All you need is a Slot2 flashcard with GBA support.

I suggest the M3 Perfect (as the name implies, it's perfect: GBA games, homebrew, movie player, everything), the Supercard (cheap, but games lag), or the EZ Flash 4 (cheap, 100% GBA compatibility, no additional features, sucks at homebrew. I have it
smile.gif
).

These are Lite versions, which fit flush with your DS Lite. You can also use the bigger versions, if you don't mind them sticking out of the DS Lite up to almost an inch
wink.gif
Those are cheaper.

Read the GBATEMP reviews to see which one you like the best.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: hiiii sisters