playing dvds

kris39

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can anyone help plz a friend at work asked me to look at his wii cause he wanted to use it as a dvd player so when i looked at it the firmware was a 3.4e so i upgraded it to 4.2e and tryin to softmod it i have managed to get it playin games thro usb but itt wont play back ups via dvd or pplay dvd movies and i have installed dvdx anyy suggesions plz cause i am baffled

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install the homebrew channel and WiiMC, I believe the new version of WiiMC can play DVD movies (but not back ups for some reason?) It can also play Divx movies and other file types off USB, I have not found any movies it will not play to be honest.

Back ups of Wii games off the Wii DVD drive you will need either The Back up channel or Neogamma or Uloader. These are also loaded from the home brew channel on the Wii.

I hope this helps a little
smile.gif

kris39

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i will give that ago tthanks i have uloader installed on the wii but for some reason that wont play back ups

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Missing an IOS maybe? But you say back ups work from USB so probably not. (I am not expert and I only have my 2 launch Wii's that I used the tools on the net lol)

A thought occurs to me, try unplugging the USB drive and putting your back up in the Wii then run Uloader (if your loading your apps from the SD slot of course.)

Uloader should say something like "No USB drive detected switching to disk mode"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o