Playing DS games - TubeHax?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by BeWop, Aug 19, 2015.

1. BeWop
    OP

BeWop Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2010
    United States
    Any possibility of playing DS games on TubeHax in the close future?

2. Noise964

Noise964 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    Nope.

cynosura likes this.
  3. failzers

failzers Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    Never, Stop being a cheapskate. Get a dstwo for 40$ and pirate to your hearts content

4. bakurage

bakurage GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2015
    France
    I have supercard ds onei mini, R4I, acekard 2i, but i don't say if he's work on my 3DS 9.9.

5. olshrimpeyes

olshrimpeyes Your question is bad and you should feel bad

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    GNU/Somewhere
    You can get cheap DS flash cart for less than $10!

Megaben99 likes this.
  6. sweis12

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    peachds.com
    r4i, cheap for ds games
    dstwo, expensive ( not really for what you avtualy get) GREAT emulator support!

7. Kuber

Kuber Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I'm not really up to date on this, but does the dstwo flashcard work on the newest Firmware (9.9.0)? Or does Tube/IronHax help with that?
    Latest dstwo firmware patch says it's compatible up to 3DS 8.1.0.

8. DutchyDutch

DutchyDutch COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL

Nov 16, 2014
    Netherlands
    Get no$Gba.

9. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Yes it works fine.

Kuber likes this.
  10. PewnyPL

PewnyPL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    After 4.5.0 Nintendo didn't block a single DS flashcart. So practically anything you can buy nowadays WILL work. r4i-sdhc for example works fine (I have it personally)

11. KFC Double Down

KFC Double Down Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    Not much chance of playing anything besides DOOM on Tubehax for the time being. DSTWO and a whole slew of other flashcarts work fine on new firmware like other people have said (I can attest to that myself with a DSTWO), but keep your eyes peeled for new developments.

12. DutchyDutch

DutchyDutch COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL

Nov 16, 2014
    Netherlands
    BTW isn't there a gateway exploit or something that lets you play DS games on 9.2?

13. Kuber

Kuber Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2015
    Gambia, The
    @mashers , @PewnyPL Thanks. So do I need to look out for dstwo cards that are preflashed with the latest firmware in order to run on the newest system? Or can I always update those without the need of an old DS handheld?

14. PewnyPL

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    If you are going for DSTwo, then unless you are buying a USED one, it should always be flashed with newest firmware.

15. Kuber

Kuber Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2015
    Gambia, The
    @PewnyPL just in case, would I be able to update it to the newest firmware with just my n3ds console at hand?

16. KFC Double Down

KFC Double Down Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    Should come with recent firmware out of the box, but in the event it's not the site's still up and has downloads for the newest firmware. If I remember right you just pop it into your DS or 3DS and it'll update itself when booted.

Kuber likes this.
  17. PewnyPL

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    To update it you must be able to run it. So sadly you'd need to use it on a 3DS with older firmware, or on a normal DS. But as mentioned, if you buy a new one from a reseller, then it will have the newest.

18. _Chaz_

_Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    No.

The only DS game that can be installed to the 3DS is that DSiWare Japanese release of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.
    If someone were able to decrypt that, it'd likely be possible to substitute other DS games. Of course that's assuming it uses a compatibility layer and isn't an outright port.

19. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    or a good r4 for 15, or even a cheap one for 6 or something

20. MarcusRaven

MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

Feb 5, 2010
    United States
    N. Carolina
    I absolutely love how every time somebody suggests something DS related, the immediate response is always "Don't be cheap, just buy a DSTwo." What about those of us who don't have that option? Like in my case where my fatherly priorities come first and I frequently don't have the money to just drop on a new Flash Cart? The consideration some people have for those of us that can't just buy whatever we want just astounds me sometimes. Yes, people with empty wallets exist.

This kind of thing is a legitimate thought that could have potential in the future. (Just look at DIOS MIOS on Wii. When Wii hacking started, nobody thought GCN loading could've been.) I mean, why isn't there a possibility of someday having a DS loader? Surely the only reason can't possibly be because Flash Carts exist. If there's a more viable reason, then I'd love to hear it. Until then, please stop shooting people down who have decent ideas.

WhoAmI?, AtlasFontaine, q9p and 3 others like this.