Homebrew Playing DS games - TubeHax?

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
peachds.com
r4i, cheap for ds games
dstwo, expensive ( not really for what you avtualy get) GREAT emulator support!

Kuber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
peachds.com
r4i, cheap for ds games
dstwo, expensive ( not really for what you avtualy get) GREAT emulator support!

I'm not really up to date on this, but does the dstwo flashcard work on the newest Firmware (9.9.0)? Or does Tube/IronHax help with that?
Latest dstwo firmware patch says it's compatible up to 3DS 8.1.0.

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
After 4.5.0 Nintendo didn't block a single DS flashcart. So practically anything you can buy nowadays WILL work. r4i-sdhc for example works fine (I have it personally)

KFC Double Down

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not much chance of playing anything besides DOOM on Tubehax for the time being. DSTWO and a whole slew of other flashcarts work fine on new firmware like other people have said (I can attest to that myself with a DSTWO), but keep your eyes peeled for new developments.

Kuber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@mashers , @PewnyPL Thanks. So do I need to look out for dstwo cards that are preflashed with the latest firmware in order to run on the newest system? Or can I always update those without the need of an old DS handheld?

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@mashers , @PewnyPL Thanks. So do I need to look out for dstwo cards that are preflashed with the latest firmware in order to run on the newest system? Or can I always update those without the need of an old DS handheld?
If you are going for DSTwo, then unless you are buying a USED one, it should always be flashed with newest firmware.

KFC Double Down

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should come with recent firmware out of the box, but in the event it's not the site's still up and has downloads for the newest firmware. If I remember right you just pop it into your DS or 3DS and it'll update itself when booted.

Reactions: Kuber

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@PewnyPL just in case, would I be able to update it to the newest firmware with just my n3ds console at hand?
To update it you must be able to run it. So sadly you'd need to use it on a 3DS with older firmware, or on a normal DS. But as mentioned, if you buy a new one from a reseller, then it will have the newest.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW isn't there a gateway exploit or something that lets you play DS games on 9.2?
No.

The only DS game that can be installed to the 3DS is that DSiWare Japanese release of Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.
If someone were able to decrypt that, it'd likely be possible to substitute other DS games. Of course that's assuming it uses a compatibility layer and isn't an outright port.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I absolutely love how every time somebody suggests something DS related, the immediate response is always "Don't be cheap, just buy a DSTwo." What about those of us who don't have that option? Like in my case where my fatherly priorities come first and I frequently don't have the money to just drop on a new Flash Cart? The consideration some people have for those of us that can't just buy whatever we want just astounds me sometimes. Yes, people with empty wallets exist.

This kind of thing is a legitimate thought that could have potential in the future. (Just look at DIOS MIOS on Wii. When Wii hacking started, nobody thought GCN loading could've been.) I mean, why isn't there a possibility of someday having a DS loader? Surely the only reason can't possibly be because Flash Carts exist. If there's a more viable reason, then I'd love to hear it. Until then, please stop shooting people down who have decent ideas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."