Hacking Playing backup copies on wii v3.4u

white wolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
My wii was soft modded before and someone updated it to 4.3u. I see neogama and wad manager there but they dont seem to work. Is there anyway (seeing as its not a V wii but was modded and then updated) to re install things like the homebrew Chanel or a usb loader without having to use games like SSBB smash attack to get the HBC?

Now before anyone tries to murder the noob, I did buy a brand new SSBB game and to my dismay my wii would not read the disk if my life depended on it. I bought cleaners but that didnt help. So is there anything i can do? Please help if you can, and have pity on a very frustrated noob
hate2.gif

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I've noticed similar stories... Did you really "buy" the game? If that happened to me I'd demand my money back and/or get a new copy.

When you get the Homebrew channel reinstalled I suggest using ModMii to re-hack your Wii.

Edit : It's ironic how people view your question because its a new thread, and don't bother to look at mine because its a post in the questions thread... ._.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is your Wii "old"? If yes, there's a good chance your drive has a general problem with reading DL discs. If there wasn't any trace of homebrew on it, you would get your drive fixed, most likely even out of warranty.

white wolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I went back to the store and was told very politely 'we have a no return policy) yes i did buy the original game still wraped in plastic, new game smell everything!

wiipower- yes my wii is old. I got it near the launch date. Also I live in trinidad even if i could send it by the time i got it back we would all be tinkering with the WiiU

So again ppl is there any hope of me getting the HBC and if so can someone explain what needs to be done?

ps- on the issue of them not giving me a refund or replacement. When i told the guy at the store he was like" Ive bought games before that didnt work on my wii.......shrugs....." so i end up with a new game that i can play...

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Usually cleaning the lens will fix problems with dual-layer discs. Nintendo makes a lens cleaning kit, but it's pretty hard to find in stores these days (at least where I live). An easy and cheap way to get one is from Nintendo's online store.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if the wii is showing "previous" channels, then bootmii should still be there some were an couldn't he use the minibootmii. to regain hbc, it worked on mine. but also finding out my wii is not "normal. i think my wii. is like what Detroit puts out. your car says 2011 model, but it's band new an it's 2012. gear heads understand this. an i think the big n an many others do the same thing. an i'm more of a "gear head" then a hacker.lol.. give me a 454 an a b&m blower an i can make it work.
mellow.gif

white wolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I tried to open it not to long ago. I got out the first set of screws but when i got to the tri screws of however you called them i couldnt get them out. Also i just tried the game again and now when i put it in it dosent spin. When i put in outher games i can feel them moving but the ssbb just sits there...

Anyway what is this minibootmii you speak of. How does it work. I have been on guides all day mostly in the 'other desperate measures" sections. Most times my remote would cut off and i would have reset the wii cause the screen when black when i tried to use neogamma and the screen froze after i used the wad manager for a bit..

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wait a second...you still see neogamma and wad manager, right? You mean...on the system channel?

If so...then there is a good chance you can rehack your wii that way. If at least one of those channels is a forwarder channel, that is. Because these channels run a boot.dol on your SD card (or USB drive). Plug that in your PC and look for SD:\apps\neogamma\boot.dol or SD:\apps\wadmanager\boot.dol (not sure of the latter name...may be 'wad-manager' or something). Replace that boot.dol with the files from the hackmii installer. Then plug it back in your wii, run the channel, and install the HBC.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even if the wadmanager is not a forwarder, if it is v4 you should be able to choose cios250 and install the wads you need. If you can do that you can install the needed cios, then install the backup HBC 1.03 from my guide via wad, then use that to load hackmii 1.08.

Edit: I am drunk and can't read post 1.

white wolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
i still see them but i no longer have the files on my sd card. Is there a to fix them buy downloading the files again? and if so what files? Neogama dosent work it just says loading and then the screen goes blank. The was manager seems to be working though...

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
white wolf said:
i still see them but i no longer have the files on my sd card. Is there a to fix them buy downloading the files again? and if so what files? Neogama dosent work it just says loading and then the screen goes blank. The was manager seems to be working though...
Okay, extract the contents of this to your SD card. Then download the hackmii installer and copy the boot.elf file to "SD:\apps\hackmii\". Put the SD card in the Wii, launch the NeoGamma channel, and wait for MMM to load. Choose App Manager and pick "Hackmii Installer". Install the HBC and bootmii from there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: bleh