Hacking Playing 3DS DSiware on real DSi???

TheRealMorganTubeHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I bought some DSiware off the 3DS eshop WAAAAAY back, and after getting a DSi not too recently, I want to see if there was a way to somehow decrypt the 3DS's DSiware and re-install it onto an actual DSi, does anyone know how to do it? Thanks!

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
You can dump the DSiWare from your 3DS using GodMode9, see the page on 3ds.hacks.guide for how. (But choose Dump CXI/NDS file instead of Build CIA (standard))

Then you can either use TWiLight Menu++ to run the DSiWare from SD or NTM to install to the DSi Menu (either SysNAND or hiyaCFW).

If you haven't modded either of them yet simply follow 3ds.hacks.guide for the 3DS and dsi.cfw.guide for the DSi. On the 3DS you'll need full CFW, on the DSi you can just use Memory Pit if you want, though I'd personally recommend getting Unlaunch as that way you can load TWiLight Menu++ on boot if you want or it makes it less risky if you choose to use NTM on SysNAND.

TheRealMorganTubeHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can dump the DSiWare from your 3DS using GodMode9, see the page on 3ds.hacks.guide for how. (But choose Dump CXI/NDS file instead of Build CIA (standard))

Then you can either use TWiLight Menu++ to run the DSiWare from SD or NTM to install to the DSi Menu (either SysNAND or hiyaCFW).

If you haven't modded either of them yet simply follow 3ds.hacks.guide for the 3DS and dsi.cfw.guide for the DSi. On the 3DS you'll need full CFW, on the DSi you can just use Memory Pit if you want, though I'd personally recommend getting Unlaunch as that way you can load TWiLight Menu++ on boot if you want or it makes it less risky if you choose to use NTM on SysNAND.
How do I dump the save?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
How do I dump the save?
Oh yeah GM9 doesn't include that by default, after selecting the game in the title manager do:
  1. Select Open title folder (instead of Manage Title...)
  2. Press B to go up a folder
  3. Enter the data folder
  4. Copy all of the save files out, then rename them to the following: (most DSiWare won't have all of these, just rename what it has)
    • public.sav -> [ROM name].pub
    • private.sav -> [ROM name].prv
    • banner.sav -> [ROM name].bnr

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: