Gaming Play Zelda Four Swords Without Moding

Nates4Christ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked up on of those 208 games in one cards, and I'm able to add and remove DS games. I don't have to mod my 3ds. I really want to play Zelda Four Swords Anniversary that was a DSI exclusive. It was removed long ago from the eshop. I found the .dsi file, but when I start the game it just goes to a white screen. Everything else is working great. Has anyone had experience with this and know of a fix?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked up on of those 208 games in one cards, and I'm able to add and remove DS games. I don't have to mod my 3ds. I really want to play Zelda Four Swords Anniversary that was a DSI exclusive. It was removed long ago from the eshop. I found the .dsi file, but when I start the game it just goes to a white screen. Everything else is working great. Has anyone had experience with this and know of a fix?
Yes mod your 3ds and find the .Cia and install it

Reactions: Lacius

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you either need a NDS flashcart to run it. Not that whatever in 1 thing. or look at CFW.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You can't run DSi games in DS mode. DSi games run in a different mode, and only one flashcart was ever released that is capable of running in DSi mode, and additionally, DSiWare are hardcoded so they will *only* load from the DSiWare partition on a DSi or 3DS system, they will never load from a flashcart even if it was DSi mode compatible. And the only way to install anything to the DSiWare partition is by hacking your console.
you either need a NDS flashcart to run it. Not that whatever in 1 thing. or look at CFW.
Those are all flashcarts with preloaded ROMs, usually even have a microSD slot.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Nates4Christ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all very much for the replies. Is there a difference in modding your 3ds to be able to play .cia files and doing a B9S and Luma3DS firmware? Are the B9S and Luma3DS not watched by Nintendo so it is safe to keep updating your system and using the estore?

This weekend my sister is going to mod my new 3ds xl I just picked up. I have the cia for this game as well. I've got a friend who doesn't want to mod his 3ds and get banned from Nintendo, and he really wants to co op this game with me.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all very much for the replies. Is there a difference in modding your 3ds to be able to play .cia files and doing a B9S and Luma3DS firmware?
There is no difference. Follow this guide to install B9S and Luma3DS. After this, you can install CIA files, including Four Swords.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/

Are the B9S and Luma3DS not watched by Nintendo so it is safe to keep updating your system and using the estore?
You are not going to get banned for installing B9S and Luma3DS, but you need to verify that Luma3DS has been updated to support newer 3DS system versions before updating your 3DS. You need to do this each time a new system update is released. As of this post, Luma3DS supports the latest system version (11.14).

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In theory, it is possible to play arbitrary DSiware games without installing any persistent mods. You would need to get your encryption key (movable.sed) – though apparently all the old bruteforcemvable bots are gone, so you would have to run it on you own PC hardware. (ETA: If you have an ntrboot cart, you can also run Godmode9 from ntrboot without installing it permanently, and then use that to get movable.sed.) And you would also need to have a legitimate DSiware game purchased from the eShop that supports saving. You could then use TADpole to replace the legitimate title with any other arbitrary title.

But in practice, no one has ever done things this way, there is no support for doing things this way (so don't ask!), and it might not even work properly. And of course it's brazenly illegal.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0LPrmtVWsA