OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.theuselessweb.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi sorry about my noob question. I am actually a very skilled hacker, but not at 3ds :P. So avoiding that here is my question. Can I play a .cia online? No ban? If I can, but I might be banned how can I avoid a ban. If I can't then just tell me if it will ever be possible? Thanks!

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly prevents me from being banned with a .cia?

The fact that a .cia does not contain a rom header, which is unique to every cartridge. This is how they track online activity in games for the 3DS, although they're only present in .3ds roms and on cartridges themselves.
Don't rule the possibility out though, im sure Nintendo can do something if they cared (which they obviously dont, we've been fine for almost 2 years now)

If you use a .3ds/.3dz file you can inject a private header (you can get a header from your own cartridge thats unique if you dump the whole game from the GW launcher or some other backup tool) into a "backup" of some sort. We have however, seen cases of online bans with people using .3ds files with public headers. As this is the case, everyone should be using their own private one from a game they bought at a store. You can use the same private header on all of your .3ds games also.
You can use Gateway ROM Patcher to inject/export ROM headers. There might be another tool, i dont know though cause this one does the job cleanly.

SockNaste

My Little Pony Fetish
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.theuselessweb.com
XP
Country
United States
The fact that a .cia does not contain a rom header, which is unique to every cartridge. This is how they track online activity in games for the 3DS, although they're only present in .3ds roms and on cartridges themselves.
Don't rule the possibility out though, im sure Nintendo can do something if they cared (which they obviously dont, we've been fine for almost 2 years now)

If you use a .3ds/.3dz file you can inject a private header (you can get a header from your own cartridge thats unique if you dump the whole game from the GW launcher or some other backup tool) into a "backup" of some sort. We have however, seen cases of online bans with people using .3ds files with public headers. As this is the case, everyone should be using their own private one from a game they bought at a store. You can use the same private header on all of your .3ds games also.
You can use Gateway ROM Patcher to inject/export ROM headers. There might be another tool, i dont know though cause this one does the job cleanly.

Interesting. Thanks for letting me know. Now I can play Tri-Force heros. :lol:

Reactions: jscjml

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
I've read on these forums some cases of where .CIA users have been banned while playing out of region games or patched English jap games like monster hunter X online.

Don't know if it's confirmed though

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIA's are safe but not even I would pirate DLC for online games such as Monster Hunter and Smash.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've read on these forums some cases of where .CIA users have been banned while playing out of region games or patched English jap games like monster hunter X online.

Don't know if it's confirmed though
Probably because NA 3DS's shouldn't be on JP servers ;)

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,
Reactions: HackerLion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"