Homebrew Planning to convert my JP Wiikey Wii to US ver.

papaya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I just realise we can convert our Wii to different region, but would like to have more info before i go forward with the conversion:

1.Is there any disadvantage for changing a Wiikeyed 3.2J Wii to US 3.2U/3.3U/4.0U? Does the system format the whole wii or just convert to US?

2.Will the Japanese Channels I downloaded still there, or will be removed/changed to US channels? Will I be able to access them if they remain?

3.Will I be accessing US contents or still Japan? Will I be getting US weather/wiichannel/wiistore and spending USD or still using Japanese content?

4.Will my save games be wiped out after the conversion?

5.Current latest firmware is 4.0U, will it cause any problem if i update to 3.3U or 4.0U? Is it possible to just upgrade till 3.2U via wi-fi?

I have twilight hack installed and working, I found a few step by step conversion process but hope someone here could post a detailed step by step, like which software is best to do the job, i.e regionchanger etc.

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Use Anyregionchanger, it's simple.
Then your Wii will be completely US, however don't forget do download an US config disc for your wiikey and use it.

papaya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Managed to convert to 3.2U, however I when i enter News Channel, Everybody Votes, Weather channels it shows a black screen saying this channel cannot be used.

I did not remove any of the original Japan Channels before i convert. Anyway to make them usable?

papaya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I installed preloader 0.29 but can't find enable region free channels, only:

replace health warning
region free wii games
skip disc update check

I'm still on 3.2U. According to Wiibrew v3.2U only has the 3 hacks above while v4.0U has more hacks.

Also noticed after conversion, my gamecube memory cards cannot be read and needs to be formatted, but before conversion i already formatted the cards to USA as I played US Gamecube games on it. Anyway other than formatting as I have gamesaves on them.

Also trying to install patchmii for mplayer & dvdx but when i load it stuck at: Patchmii version 0.1. By bushing... am on Wiikey 1.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to the hack.ini with the region free channel hack included. There is also a hacks.ini generator program that will create the hacks.ini for you. I used to have it but I can't seem to locate it at the moment.

papaya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I already installed preloader & have the hack.ini

But I'm on 3.2U I read the hacks available but seems Region Free Channel is only available on 4.0U, 3.2U only has 3 hacks by default.

Also how to get the patchmii, dvdx & mplayer to work correctly? I used CIOS patchmii seems when i installed dvdx it says patchmii not installed, while the original patchmii just gets stuck at patchmii v0.2 by xxx screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1