planning to buy 2ds

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by ssvapk, Apr 2, 2015.

1. ssvapk
    OP

ssvapk Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2009
    United States
    Hi,
    Its been a while i visited this forum. I am planning to buy 2DS and would like to know what is the latest information for installing homebrew and playing games with a best flashcard available today.

2. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    Gateway if 9.2 or under

sky3ds if 9.3 or higher

3. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

Nov 18, 2012
    United States
    Las Vegas
    And if you want homebrew, 9.2 and under is currently the only option. For just homebrew you'll want Cubic Ninja + rxTools, otherwise Gateway if you also want piracy in the bundle as well. If you ever plan on getting an N3DS Cubic Ninja is a pretty handy tool to have.

4. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    You should be good buying a new 2ds as far as getting a gateway-safe 9.2 or less. I bought one a couple of weeks ago, sea green mario kart 7 bundle, and it had 7.1 on it. Gateway is the best card for all of its extra features, including eshop games, custom themes, cia's, etc.
    If you're prone to updating consoles or are buying for a young person, get a sky3ds. It's much more simple and forgiving of mistakes. Cart rom's in your own region only though (on latest firmware).

5. ssvapk
    OP

ssvapk Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2009
    United States
    i will have to check the firmware version. i hope it is 9.2 or less. can you please provide some links/details - steps to homebrew, copy games to specific card.

6. ssvapk
    OP

ssvapk Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2009
    United States
    can someone tell me the best/can trust place to buy sky3ds?