PlaiSysUpdater on O3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by razer86, Mar 25, 2016.

1. razer86
    OP

razer86 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2016
    Just wondering if anyone has tried to downgrade straight to 2.1 (from something other than 9.2) on the O3DS yet?

2. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    You can, but its highly not recommended since you have no sysnand to restore from if you brick or something

3. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    I've done it on seven different o3ds's never had any problems just make sure you have a way to get back to 9.2
    i highly reccomend this version of sysupdater http://larbob.com/build/sysupdater/

4. razer86
    OP

razer86 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2016
    Kinda missed Plailect's new sysupdater fork

5. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    It's not recommended to do so, as getting a partial downgrade on the way to 2.1 would be a lot more of a pain to fix than getting a partial on the way to 9.2.

That and trying it on an n3ds would be a one-way trip to bricksville.

6. razer86
    OP

razer86 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2016
    Ya i know the N3DS is a no go with it, since it cant naturally run 2.1
    I guess the real issue is not having a way to do a backup of the Sysnand to use with a hardmod in the event of a failed downgrade, unless you go to 9.2 first.

7. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    It is possible that it would work and you will have saved yourself a bunch of time. It's also possible that you'd get a normal partial that you can fix with recovery mode. Or, it's also possible that you could get some nasty partial that would be hard to recover from. Guess it depends on if you think it's worth the risk or not.

Now that I think about it, I might even try it on one of my old 3ds's that has a busted circle pad since I don't really care what becomes of it.

8. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    oh yeah just do it then, i didn't realize Plailect had made his own fork of safesysupdater for 2.1
    i've used regular sysupdater enough times to feel safe but a Plailect safesysupdater that's got to be super safe.

9. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    I prefer Nintendo's updater as it's stability level is unquestionable and must be ultra safe because of that. :tpi:

FenrirWolf likes this.