Gaming PKMN diamond/Pearl get starters...

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woohoo! cheers iamwhoiam
biggrin.gif

btw.. was the mic on for the trade just now?? at first i thought it was off.. until later when the ball was sent flying i heard some noise lol
then at the end the volume turned up high?

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
woohoo! cheers iamwhoiamÂ
biggrin.gif

btw.. was the mic on for the trade just now?? at first i thought it was off.. until later when the ball was sent flying i heard some noise lol
then at the end the volume turned up high?

yeah the mics are on during wifi trades, dont know if you can turn them off or not

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when me and travis first trade the mic was off.... i think..
blink.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif

yea sure travis, u got my friendcode?
and i need urs, assuming u''ll get a new one

travisright

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nah my f-code is the same as it was in the beginning (we're sending to my original pearl save) its 0215 7252 2957.

And I added your knab code,

just me let know when your on wifi

travisright

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Instructions on what was done:

You need 2 people person A and Person B. The goal is to get certain pokemon to person B without losing them on A. To complete this you need to backup your saves. There are two ways of backing up saves, on the R4DS you can backup a save by going into the directory with the game you wish to backup, and hitting select until you see the . SAV file and push A on it to back it up. Another way is to put your microsd card into your computer and go to the directory and copy the .sav file to the desktop or some folder. Now here is what is done:

Step 1 exchange friend codes.
Step 2 Both people SAVE and make BACKUPS.
Step 3 connect on Wi-Fi.

Only one person needs
Now here is where it can get tricky depending on what is being done. If there is one pokemon to be traded and that is all (no need to trade back it would go as follows (this was the Knab case)

Step 4: Person A sends whatever to Person B.
Step 5: Disconnect, and Person A reverts to old save file where he/she had the pokemon that were sent. This is accomplished by copying the save file back, or hitting A on the .BAK file if you made backup on R4DS.

Both Need
If the pokemon is needed by both parties it is done differently. This was how it was done when we were trading starters.

Step 4: Person A sends Person B a pokemon.
Step 5: Both disconnect. Person A proceeds to use his or her backup save found on the computer or the ds. Person B saves and makes a new backup on his or her computer or ds.
Step 6: Reconnect online. This time Person B sends the Pokemon A wants to him.
Step 7: Both disconnect. And Person B will revert to the save that was made in step 5 where he or she had both pokemon they wanted.

I hope this helps sort out the process of manipulating the .sav files over Wi-fi. Of course itèll be easier once AR codes are out, and if you can Hex edit.

Chiisuchianu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you that did help a lot! wow, so using backups on r4ds is as simple as copying to harddrive. and to use the backup it is as simple as replacing the save on your memory card with the one on your harddrive? no converters or nothing?

when i did it on the old m3 perfect that thing would only work with special converters or something if not the save would be unusable

awesome thank you

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The grass pokemon starters are always the strongest. This has already been confirmed.

Fire is strong against Grass, but Grass pokemon usually know Water moves as well. Water is useless against Grass. Grass can own Rock. Grass is overall the best. The only bad thing is that it takes to long to get their good moves. This is why people usually pick fire or water. Since they get more powerful moves earlier on.

travisright

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no problem, yeah you just copy and replace files when you are playing with the backups.

Another trick is if you backup your Pearl save and rename it to whatever your diamond one is it will work on the diamond version.

for instance my pearl save is just named
1016 - Pokemon Pearl (U)(Legacy).sav (like the rom is named)

and my diamond one is:
LGC-PKMD.sav (the rom is named the same but ends with .nds of course)

So if I take the the pearl save and rename it LGC-PKMD.sav it will load in the diamond rom. I am not sure if this has bad effects though but its an easy way to get game specific monsters without trading.

Chiisuchianu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow awesome, im excited that r4ds is so simple

now i can download other peoples saves and just rename them to use them and have all the pokemans

thanx for everything trav maybe well have a battle one day
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong