PKMN Black 2- Unable to connect to wifi

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by oDominic, Apr 10, 2013.

Apr 10, 2013
  1. oDominic
    OP

Newcomer oDominic Newbie

New Zealand
    Hey gbatemp-ers, I just got my R4i gold yesterday and I re-formatted it and all that jazz before putting Pokemon black 2 on it.

So basically I can connect to the internet through my 3DS but when it comes to connecting to the net through Black 2, I go to try to connection setup and it fails and gives me the generic message that "The access point's security settings are not support by the NDS..."
    As far as I know, Black 2 is compatible with network types that aren't WEP right? So I'm wondering why this is happening. I've tried 2 roms already, one from my NDS which i just dragged and dropped from the microSD and another one i downloaded.

Any help is appreciated
    Thanks in advance

2. porkiewpyne

Member porkiewpyne Report-er

Australia
    Flashcarts only emulate in DS-mode. Hence, you can only use WEP.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    And before you ask, there was only one flash cart that ran in DSi-mode, but it ran without Wifi access at all when in DSi-mode.

4. oDominic
    OP

Newcomer oDominic Newbie

New Zealand
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Thanks for the info guys, greatly appreciated. Tis' a shame though, oh well, not everything in life is perfect, is it? Guess I'll just swap to WEP when i feel like a Pokemon battle or two.

5. oDominic
    OP

Newcomer oDominic Newbie

New Zealand
    Haha, unfortunately I'm back. Again.

Eitherway, here's the problem. I change my settings to 128-bit WEP (open system) and enter the 4 keys (my default transmission key is 3), and everything goes according to plan when I hit apply and I'm able to connect to the internet on all the computers in my house. But when it comes to the 3DS, I can't even connect to it using the normal 3DS wifi connection mode (which works fine with my WPA2) let alone the NDS mode.
    Infact, when I try to test the connection settings on the 3DS, it disconnects the internet from all the computers in my house...

Any thoughts?

6. Katsumi San

Member Katsumi San GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    I have in my N3DS internet settings WPA2-PSK(AES)[Home] and inside DS internet settings there is nothing in settings, it is not have any saved settings in DS internet settings, but when use Black 2 on 3DS it is able to connect to nintendo WiFi without DS internet settings. Is odd but someway is able to use 3DS internet settings while use DS game. I do not know if is work for anyone else this.

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Try a different WEP.

Original Black/White 2 carts work in DSi-mode, and can use better security than WEP. It's when run in flash carts and on the DS that they're limited to WEP.