Pink/Purple Screen Brick

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cygnusx1, Sep 3, 2013.

1. cygnusx1
    OP

cygnusx1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Hello.

I bricked my Wii about a month ago while using anyregionchanger to convert my region to Korean, which apparently caused my Wii not to load the systemmenu, or even the health/safety screen, and instead all I get is a screen with jambled pink/green/purple colors. (Can post picture if necessary.) This is a Ntsc 4.3 softmodded wii with priiloader and bootmii.

I put the MMM files on my sd card and when I load my wii, the recovery menu loads. Thing is, I don't know what to do from here. I've tried installing a fresh system menu, but it's still bricked. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. Aractus

Aractus GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2013
    Canberra
    You are an ... *sigh*, I'm not even going to say it.

I've used any region changer myself, and it's not difficult to do it safely.

What I got handed to me was a hacked wii that wouldn't install the hbc, rofl, because the previous owner hacked all his system files, and well, you get the picture. It's not really difficult to fix, you just have to install an IOS for hbc to use, but it just goes to show how silly some people are.

tbh, I've never used mmm, I know some people swear by it, but I've only used a combination of other tools myself, anyway, the correct way to fix your problem isn't by running another app and doing something different again, it's just by reversing what you did in the first place. ie you run any region changer and change the region back to what it was originally - and then, after that, you can install NeoGamma, and then use that channel to boot korean games directly from the system menu, without the unnecessary need to region-change the wii. Or if, like everyone else, you don't want to use neogamma you can just use whatever backup loader you normally use to boot the disc instead. Or you can region change it to korean properly, I don't care, just wanted to emphasis the point that the use of ARC in the first place was likely unnecessary.

If I was you I'd put the any region changer boot.dol file in the SD root, use your save-mii-free and boot it using Smash Stack, Indiana Pwns, Yu-Gi-OWNED!, Bathaxx, Return of the Jodi or Eri HaKawai, and then change your region back to US (or, whatever it was originally - U/E/J).

That step, is of course, unnecessary IF you have bootmii as boot2, as you can just boot straight to the HBC. If you have it as IOS though I'm afraid it's of no help to you.