Hardware Pimping out a "New" 3DS XL

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm finally going through the final stages of grief, finally accepting the fact that North America is probably not going to get a N3DS release, so I'm finally going to fold and get the N3DSXL. I was wondering what kind of accessories people got for their N3DSXL?

The one thing I really enjoyed about my old 3DS is I bought a controller grip for it, which had the added advantage of having a second battery built in! Good thing too, since I was going through so many charge cycles that my 3DS battery life was starting to suffer a little bit. After digging around, I didn't find a suitable alternative. Sad Gond is Sad. So let's find them separate! After digging around I found this grip which has gotten rave reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UJ9LB6Y...lid=1XFN9PZLGCVUA&coliid=I1ZPYFBLF22FZN&psc=1

With a little bit of slicing for the cartridge slot, this grip seems perfect for me. Now to move onto battery replacement. It seems Mugen is still on top of their game. However, the bulk might be too much for the grip, although with the added thickness I might even care for the grip, but I really enjoyed having the handles like a PS2 controller. Might be possible to clamp the battery in place somehow, and just use the grip over the battery, leaving the back cover off. Will be something to experiment with in the future, since the 90$ price tag is a little hard to swallow right now. I don't care for the extra bulk of having a portable charge station either, though it's the next best thing, especially considering the charge capacity modern ones have. Then the typical Mori screen protector on top screen, I didn't like it for the bottom screen.

Has anyone done a shell replacement for N3DSXL? I did one for the old DS and made it Lime Green like my old GBC, would be neat to do it for this, but it was such a pain on the old 3DS it seemed. Maybe hire a professional to do it. I fully intend to spray the grip when I get it at least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo