Hacking Pimp My Wii v1.3

Wiiwu

Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I really like this app, the author show a lot of thought in writing it.

Its especially useful to guys who are more expert and like to know more about what it is installing and the patches involved.

Certainly a much safer way to update to 4.1 than all those other so call 'safe' updater that are now bricking wiis since 4.1 became a stub.

Great app!

Havok10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried running it and it code dumps for me.. It seems a lot of my IOS's are v65535.. is that from CISOCORP?

When I do "Test my Wii" .. It says found 164 titles and then gets to IOS57 v65535 (7/27) and freezes.

I ran it a second time (and third and forth) and it just code dumps..right after it shows IOS 61.

Doesn't seem very stable... I'd wait for a response from the author before anyone tries this.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally...i think any tool that allows the update of IOS60 to the firmware's 4.2 stub, is dangerous.

The tool is usefull...but not be in rush of saying "yes" to all updates.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pakatus said:
Personally...i think any tool that allows the update of IOS60 to the firmware's 4.2 stub, is dangerous.
and why is that? IF you're on 4.2 then who cares if IOS60 is stubbed? Nothing uses it but the 4.0\4.1 system menu.

Only reason to keep it (and the space it takes in your nand) is if you want to downgrade back to SM4.1

dagerous... bah
rolleyes.gif

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
urherenow said:
Pakatus said:
and why is that? IF you're on 4.2 then who cares if IOS60 is stubbed? Nothing uses it but the 4.0\4.1 system menu.

Only reason to keep it (and the space it takes in your nand) is if you want to downgrade back to SM4.1

dagerous... bah
rolleyes.gif

you know that...not almost everyone was eagger to update to 4.2.
Upgrades to functionality ..."Quote" bah "end Quote".
Upgrades to security ... "Quote" bah "end Quote".
upgrades to hacking ... yeah...we see some....people who had their consoles bricked
smile.gif

I haven't updated, and i know..many people who havent either
smile.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Havok10 said:
I tried running it and it code dumps for me.. It seems a lot of my IOS's are v65535.. is that from CISOCORP?

When I do "Test my Wii" .. It says found 164 titles and then gets to IOS57 v65535 (7/27) and freezes.

I ran it a second time (and third and forth) and it just code dumps..right after it shows IOS 61.

Doesn't seem very stable... I'd wait for a response from the author before anyone tries this.

This is a cIOSCORP issue.

Run Det1re´s Uncorp in order to get the cIOSCORPED IOS replaced with clean hardcored NUS ones, than Pimp my Wii should work.

Wiiwu

Trophies
Website
mmm4wii.posterous.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
And if you use Pimp my Wii, it does a nice trick to avoid future stub issue. It does it for example if its installing IOS60 by grabbing the most recent non-stub valid ver of IOS60 and installing it with the stub version number - neat!

wiiman123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Wiiwu said:
And if you use Pimp my Wii, it does a nice trick to avoid future stub issue. It does it for example if its installing IOS60 by grabbing the most recent non-stub valid ver of IOS60 and installing it with the stub version number - neat!

Pretty cool.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have to say, this sound very impressive. At first when it first came out I was very sceptical.
I haven't tried it yet, but might try it on the next wii I softmod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up