Picroxx!, the ultimate Picross clone!

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Substance12, Jan 25, 2016.

1. alg3ds

alg3ds Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2016
    United States
    I've tried all this, unfortunately. :(

Unfortunately not. This is on a 9.2 sysnand with menuhax. What other Lua apps have you tried launching and I can see if I have trouble with those as well?

Last edited by alg3ds, Feb 26, 2016
  2. Substance12
    OP

Substance12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 2, 2015
    Argentina
    This is weird because 0.2 works fine for everyone else.

3. XXX_Bike-Fucker_XXX

XXX_Bike-Fucker_XXX Banned

Banned
    Nov 15, 2015
    Norway
    ur mums house
    I'm really looking forward to this being finished. :):):):rofl2::rofl2::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bortz::bortz::toot:

4. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Well I had trouble with the Gridlauncher updater and the 3ds cover flow downloader. If you're able to give those a try and see if they work for you it would really help to narrow down the problem! Thanks in advance :)

5. XavyrrVaati

XavyrrVaati Hobbyist programmer?

Feb 23, 2014
    United States
    It looks like newer versions of LovePotion (newer than the latest release back in October) have really weird issues. My homebrew doesn't do boolean checks right, also registers A and B as pressed all the time (might be part of the first issue) and doesn't handle music quite right. Running both versions of Picroxx (both r2 and master) result in audio distortion after the second menu screen, like tracks playing over themselves and becoming corrupted/distorted. This is a O3DS on FW 10.3 w/ menuhax.

6. Exaltys

Exaltys GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2009
    United States
    Don't forget the Super Famicom BS picross games!

7. Jinnial

Jinnial Just your friendly everyday psychopath

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Missouri
    Hey guys, I think that Substance12 has put this project on the back burner for now seeing as there have been no updates to the Github in over a month and the last one was something I pushed to it. If I get the chance after finals, I will try to pick up the project.

8. jimbo4273

jimbo4273 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2016
    United States
    Nice job! It looks really good, and I like how you plan to pretty much combine the various Picross titles that are on the eShop currently, except Pokémon Picross, which is completely understandable.

9. Lotoonlink

Lotoonlink Probably doesn't know what he's talking about

Aug 15, 2016
    United States
    Are you able to work on this yet?

10. Lotoonlink

Aug 15, 2016
    United States
    Are the only things missing levels? Because if the main engine is finished I would be more than glad to contribute levels to this.

11. nobody231

nobody231 GBATemp's Resident Nobody

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Nowhere, USA
    reviving a half-year old thread. didn't think anyone had the balls to do that

From what I remember, the engine is practically complete. More info is available on previous pages. But I think you probably need the OP's permission to continue this project using their code.

12. Lotoonlink

Aug 15, 2016
    United States
    Well he hasnt been on since more than a year so... no picross? :'(

13. Jinnial

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Missouri
    At this time no. The source code is up on GitHub and the engine is mostly done (I saw that since time trials and a few other things are not there). I plan on working on this over the winter break if time allows me. I really wanted this to be a thing and helped out the main dev but I think her life just got a bit too busy for side projects. At this point it might just be easier to mod the CIA for LOZ Picross.

Last edited by Jinnial, Dec 8, 2016
  14. Lotoonlink

Aug 15, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, all I wanted was a free picross game for 3ds that didn't have stupid micro transactions. Now that Zelda Picross is released (or the preview is) I don't need this anymore.

15. Jinnial

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Missouri
    Yeah, I kinda figured

16. Substance12
    OP

Aug 2, 2015
    Argentina
    I might actually restart this project. I abandoned it because it was terribly coded and it was kinda unoptimized and I lost motivation, also because of school. I'll probably rewrite chunks of it and start adding levels again, since I'm a much better coder now, lol

17. eggwolio

eggwolio Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2008
    United States
    Please do! I'm so excited about this!

18. nobody231

nobody231 GBATemp's Resident Nobody

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Nowhere, USA
    Welcome back, Substance12! I'm sure that you'll do a great job with Picroxx's rewrite.

19. Substance12
    OP

Aug 2, 2015
    Argentina
    You could all say that the project has been officially restarted :teach:

The code is being rewritten on C++ instead of Lua, and I'm already making steady progress. It shouldn't take too long for a release, considering most of the time spent into making the first version of the game consisted on making assets and porting levels. More news to come!

20. Substance12
    OP

Aug 2, 2015
    Argentina
    Still working on this, puzzles are almost 100% functional (missing a couple features), I'm working on menus and I've implemented a QR code reader so people can share their own puzzles ^_^