Picross 3D r2 help

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Cyan, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Cyan
    OP

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Hello :P

I really like Picross games, and am usually good at it, but this time I'm stuck, and I don't understand what to do.
    Note that I ONLY solve picross using the logical elements, never solve them by deduction (form or guess).

I only look for perfect score and don't want errors on any of my puzzles, so I don't like just trying random things either.

in Picross 3D round2, there's a "hint" mode, which is usually good.
    But this time, it's telling me to mark or remove cubes, but I don't see what I should do on that column, nor the next one right to it.

Could someone provide a logical analysis on it and explain me what I'm missing?

puzzle N° 119, in hard mode.
    there's (3) (3) for the marked column
    so, 2 groups of each color, a single and a double for each color.
    why should I remove or mark one? The remaining unmarked cube could be either blue or orange, right?

Edit:
    I think I can restart it from the beginning, sometime solving it in a different way prevent being stuck and in a position where all the hints are not solvable mathematically/logically.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Cyan, Feb 26, 2017
  2. dAVID_

dAVID_ GBATemp Enthusiast

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    Your basement
    Never have been good for picross.
    Sorry.

3. Domine

Domine Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2016
    United States
    Yes.

We're sorry, Cyan. We don't have any advice for you, so we're going to post that we do not have advice for you.

4. Spidey_BR

Spidey_BR GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2008
    Brazil
    If you already know what are the 3 cubes of each color, you can remove the remaining uncolored blocks, can't you?

5. Cyan
    OP

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    no, because the remaining colored block could also be of either colors.

the marked colored cube means they can't be the other color.
    so, orange cube can be either orange, or deleted.
    but unmarked cube can be either blue, or orange, or deleted.

I thought there would be more picross players :P
    maybe they didn't see my thread yet. I'll wait 1-2 day, then I'll restart that puzzle. Like I said, sometime solving it differently prevent being stuck with the hinted numbers. I guess there are more than one way to solve puzzle, some of them are just dead end.

6. Bent

Bent GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    I just beat that game myself (no strikes either, all the best jewels). I never used the hint mode, and I'm not following your description of it. But I can see one thing you can do, your two potentially orange sections in the middle columns have to be marked because there is no other spot that two orange blocks can go next to each other in those columns. You can then clear out the section of two orange on the left, and mark the 1 orange above it. From there I believe you'll need to go to other slices and see what other things it opened up.

Cyan likes this.
  7. Cyan
    OP

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    ahhh, I knew I was not seeing it correctly.
    I don't know why I was stuck on this.

You are right, 2 orange block can only go there.
    Thank you :)

8. Bent

Bent GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Picross has a way of hiding things, until you just happen to look at it once and say "oh yeah, how didn't I see that?"

Glad I could help :)