FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The original thread is a bit cluttered so I thought I would post it here, it has been released with a large changelog.
Grab it here:
http://www.cryptosystem.org/

Changelog:
Code:
PicoDriveDS 0.1.5 is up! Changes:

Â* Added support for appended ROMs. This should allow users with carts not supported by gba_nds_fat to use PicoDriveDS. Simply append a ROM to the PicoDriveDS binary, and it will run it (on *nix systems this can be done with “cat romname.ext >> picodriveds.ext”, on Windows with “copy /b picodriveds.ext+romname.ext picodriveds-withrom.ext”, substituting the appropriate filenames of course). You can only append one ROM at a time. In this mode, Genesis SRAM will be saved to GBA SRAM. Some patchers may work correctly with this and save the SRAM to your removable media, I have only been able to test with the EZ4 Lite software.
 Â* Fixed M3 reset code, added M3SD Mini insertion detection code (untested, may not work)
 Â* Massive code restructure and cleanup (though some cleanup is still in progress)
 Â* Added save state support, accessed via the X button. Due to the current size of the save states, this is only supported for FAT devices and is disabled in appended ROM mode. Currently there is only one save state per ROM (saved to romname.pds). This is still a very experimental feature and save states may not be compatible with future versions of PicoDriveDS.

The source is also available should you so desire.

Initial reports say it is a great update.

retrohead

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Still waiting fr this to get a drastic improvement. It is still a far cry better than any SNES emu at th eminute though
yaynds.gif

mortys

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I confirm this version is worth the download. Thunder FOrce 4 works and run at a playable speed. There's some work for a perfect speed but i'think (I'm not a coder) taht's it's possible to have fullspeed. I just wondering if Picodrive use the second proc. If not, we can expect full speed with full sound
smile.gif

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't...understand the appending of the ROM's...? Like I get it, but i don 't. On my g6, when I simply put the .smd in the root, I get the load file sceen, with an arrow, and nothing more..

Never mind, I get it. I'll write up a tutorial cause this was hard.

bigboy85zz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't...understand the appending of the ROM's...? Like I get it, but i don 't. On my g6, when I simply put the .smd in the root, I get the load file sceen, with an arrow, and nothing more..

Never mind, I get it. I'll write up a tutorial cause this was hard.

please do. or explain it to me, because i dont understand at all.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes this is on my list of to do. But basically plug in everything in the command prompt in windows (found by going to start>run>cmd>enter)

But i'll get back to this I swear! this week!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?