Homebrew Picking up a very old 3DS, how to B9S?

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Old XL a9lh, luma 5.5, sys 11.0.

I'd like to update this 3ds to the latest possible, it hasn't been touched in a year. Do I first update luma? Do I update the console? Do I do something else? Thanks.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update Luma3DS to 7.0.5. After that, follow this guide to update to B9S. After that, update to 11.5 in the system settings.
Why would they have to update to 7.0? Couldn't they just jump right to luma 8.1 after installing b9s? I believe 5.5 could still run arm9 payloads from boot, and even if it couldn't, you could rename safeb9sinstaller.bin to arm9loaderhax.bin

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Why would they have to update to 7.0? Couldn't they just jump right to luma 8.1 after installing b9s? I believe 5.5 could still run arm9 payloads from boot, and even if it couldn't, you could rename safeb9sinstaller.bin to arm9loaderhax.bin
Because we want latest luma that supports a9lh

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quote means quote. reply means reply. are we talking about quotes or about replies?
Hitting the reply button quotes the person in your message. This is what I'm doing right now and what I was doing for the question earlier. Replying and quoting are the same thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.