Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I went around HK yesterday and took some pictures with my Nikon D5000.

34y20x3.jpg

6hjmh3.jpg

May post more tonight...

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweet stuff.
biggrin.gif

I can't hold a camera properly without my hands shaking a little, so shots I take are a little blurry.
frown.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, just fantastic. Very professional, but not to the point of feeling produced. They catch the eye without feeling like every other similar shot. I think the black and white tones may have something to do with that. Great work.
smile.gif

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Great photos man, I really dig the first one and think it would look a better on a whole new level if you cropped it so that the skyline is the main feature in it. I feel the water's a tad distracting and that the skyline would probably look absolutely fantastic if you burned in the middleground to have more contrast against the background and cropped it so that the water is a less prominent element.

The second one looks great as well with the fast shutter speed although I'd like to ask if it was possible to have a faster shutter speed. I've photographed small waterfalls before and it was usually pretty hard to get a good shutter speed to capture the individual drops of water without them blurring too much.

The third one garnered a good amount of my attention because I especially like night photography, having seen a lot of photos of night scenes in Japan. It must have been extraordinarily bright in the particular scene you have there since the people aren't blurred out that much at all, in fact they're standing almost perfectly in place. I feel this photo would get a lot of good from having actual color on it; shop signs add so much vibrance and depth to night scenes, and desaturating it really removed a lot of the potential quality. Usually I'd reserve black and white for photos that focus well on shadows, midtones, and highlights, as well as excellent composure, but for this one I think would work so much better in the original color. Here's a pretty good photo of street signs in Shinjuku, Tokyo - http://www.flickr.com/photos/manganite/391469293/

The fourth one I actually don't have much to say except I like gates. Except that, I think the composition would work a lot better from a different angle.

Anyways, really nice shots, they could work a lot better with some editing, and as always a general rule of thumb is that most photos captured with auto functions should be edited for a lot more contrast. Always try to aim for black blacks and white whites without overkilling it. Looking forward for future shots from you! (:

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
...Seven, That has to be the most detailed post I've ever seen. Thanks!
smile.gif

And now...
I have 3 versions of this next photo...
bijmg6.jpg
6enp88.jpg
[title:Tempmas
tongue.gif
]
2yw742o.jpg

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif

That is some awesome work!

I'm loving the picture of the city with the Christmas tree on the building.

You should get some more of the nature side of Hong Kong though. Not just the city. Like maybe some trees and the landscapes and such!

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I love photographing myself but sadly I haven't had an empty SDHC card for a while so I haven't taken many photos lately.

Some of these pictures looks really nice. But somehow I feel that the black and white kinda ruins parts of the pictures. Color is never wrong, so try not to kill it
smile.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Agreed, most pictures are better with colour
smile.gif
What I don't like is when people take photos (amateur) and put things like black and white in or other obscure effects before it's taken. It's always best to take an original and modify copies later.
smile.gif

Those shots look great, Vidboy, liking the first one, the ground-level in-city one, and the tilted night-time one.
smile.gif

Soon, that place is going to look more like Coruscant...

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ProtoKun7 said:
Agreed, most pictures are better with colour
smile.gif
What I don't like is when people take photos and put things like black and white in or other obscure effects before it's taken. It's always best to take an original and modify copies later.
smile.gif
I never like color in my photos due to the fact it makes my photos crappy.
When there B&W, I love them due to the fact it makes them look minimalistic.

My opinion though.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night