Phantom storage after transferring to a new SD card

iceedge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL;DR - I transferred all my files and the EmuMMC partition from my old SD card to my new one. When I loaded my new SD card all the games were telling me I had to redownload them. I ended up reinstalling through Tinfoil but after reinstalling I noticed my storage dropped by a lot (I have a 512 GB card). I'm guessing instead of overwriting the files, it's duplicated now. Is there a way to clean up the old files from the original NSPs?

Added context:

I was transferring from SXOS to Atmosphere, which I had a hard time for a while, which might have been made worse by the fact my SD card ended up being corrupted in the process. I might have some garbage files in there and corrupted files mixed in.

iceedge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I noticed that I have both an Emutendo folder as well as an emuMMC folder. I'm wondering if this is the reason why? And which one should I keep?

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you didn't generate the Nintendo hashed folder first then copy your old folders into that. Also, just rename one of the boot0 files in the emummc/emutendo and see which stops it from booting, then you know which one you're using.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.