Hacking Phantom Kingdom Portable: English Translation

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Viralz,

So I have been playing around with the save file and I cannot seem to get it to experience the weird behavior you reported. Any ideas of exactly what I should try?

-Chep

Viralz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tbh I have no effing idea.
I've just created another save file and...everything is ok. I have no clue why the problem haven't showed up since I have done the same things. <_>

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that somehow you encountered a bug in the original game. I have found a few myself. The easiest ones to find actually involve the wishing system but the worst they do is crash your game and then you can reload and everything works. There is also a major bug in the GUI that has been pointed out to me tons of times. Has nothing to do with the patch but a bug in the original ISO.

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have already encountered some and did not even realize it. I have found zero game breaking bugs in the original. The worst causes the game to crash and then you have to continue at your last save file. All the ones I have found that crash the game are long complicated series of things you have to do to make it crash. I mostly found them when trying to bug test my patch and make sure everything was in English. Quite frankly I don't remember most of them. The worst one dealt with wishing but you should be saving before spending thousands of mana wishing right ;)

Reactions: Viralz and Linka

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a big deal... I want to make sure there are no game breaking bugs introduced by the patch...
Enjoy PKP.

-Chep

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
there wouldn't happen to be a small script thingy with the untranslated texts translated somewhere? so far, it seems like its just background information, but I'd like to know whats going on and who those characters are anyways

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggested looking on youtube for the scenes from the PS2 version. I have not dumped the text since it is all in image/video format.

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the disappearance. My research went in a weird direction which led to me being much busier than I expected. I'm going to try and refamiliarize myself with this and see what I can do about the files this week (I'm writing rather than coding this week, so the thought of more coding shouldn't make me want to burn my own eyes out).

Reactions: Linka and Pablitox

Xanikk999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I am new to these forums. I want to thank everyone who helped translate this great game. I heard a lot about this game and I really want to play it. I am a big fan of NIS games.

However I am not really knowledgable in the technical field and the instructions to install the patch are really confusing to me. I have a PS vita and the PSP version of Makai Kingdom.
Would it be possible for some simple english instructions for people who don't have technical background and don't know what all these programs are

Instruction to patch the game:
1) You need to dump your UMD, or use this release : Phantom_Kingdom_Portable_JPN_PSP-Caravan (filename cvn-pkp.iso)
2) Download the patch
3) Download xdelta UI
4) Backup ISO
5) Run xdelta UI
6) Patch PKP iso with PKP_patched_v0_x_x.xdelta in xdelta UI
7) Either use a PSP emulator or download to PSP and enjoy

Here is what I don't understand.

1. What do you mean by dump? And how do I apply these files on my PS vita?
4. I have no clue what ISO is or how to back it up.
6. I don't know how to do this.
7. Download what exactly to the PSP? Does this work on the PS Vita?

Thank you all in advance for helping me out. I would really like to play this game!

Darkiller666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi I am new here too, and I have a little question:

What's new in the DLC? And since it is not compatible with the patch (i think), I should still play the PSP version, or should I keep playing the PS2 version?

Reactions: Shinon

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I... actually don't think there's any DLC for Phantom Kingdom Portable, from what I understand. The major addition is the Petta storyline.

Honestly, it's up to you, but I think the PSP version looks a lot better compared to the PS2 one, due in part to the sprite sharpening option, and widescreen's always nice too.

Reactions: Darkiller666

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, if you have the stuff for it, the fact that this is a portable entry is a Big Thing. The only way you can really argue for the PS2 version in that area is if Sony A) Put PS2 Classics onto the Vita, and B) NISA gets off their butts and actually adds Makai Kingdom to PSN (among other games)

Darkiller666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I remember reading somewhere that there was a special character via DLC... So I think that information was wrong... Or maybe I confused with another NIS game. My bad.

Darkiller666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyway, I think my only doubt now is if I start with this game or keep farming some crowned equipments on my PS2, and wait for a new update of your patch (if you still plan to upgrade it).
And again, congrats and many thanks for your work!!

P.S.: Getting a crowned divine symbol is proving to be a total pain :wacko:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ