Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I miss my childhood with PSO on the gamecube. It broke me to insert my card and saw all my data wiped. :P LOL Off topic but I wanted to chime in haha!!

Jam! Yeah IF -- and I say IF -- you start demoralizing, let us know I'm sure I'm not the only one willing to help! I don't know jack squat about the technicalities about translating the game but I've always wanted to try and I'm not a slow learner. :) Translation-wise, Japanese isn't too hard for me. Kanji research is probably the slowest thing I've got on my repertoire but once thats down translating it to contemporary english is piece of cake since I can understand and speak quite enough to do so without sounding too stiff.

haha... PSP, PSO, PSP2, PSP2i, PPSSPP, PS1, PSV, PSO2, PSU, PS3, PS4, PS+, PTSD...

Don't worry, still working on it but I'm busy week days and I also want to get Sol Trigger released since I started that first.

Reactions: Fefo and Sylphrit

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As an example, you can see that the pixels of the y touching the edge, this will break in game

example.png

Edit: somehow this got posted here, was supposed to be in a Sol Trigger conversation

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As an example, you can see that the pixels of the y touching the edge, this will break in game.

Whoa, these things are sensitive.

Portable 1 master race here, but 1&2+, BB and classics will surely be played someday. Universe bums me out because I grew adapted to Portables gameplay, which cut things to fit on a handheld game. Onlines probably have this problem too, but I'll deal with it.

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, these things are sensitive.

Portable 1 master race here, but 1&2+, BB and classics will surely be played someday. Universe bums me out because I grew adapted to Portables gameplay, which cut things to fit on a handheld game. Onlines probably have this problem too, but I'll deal with it.

No idea how I managed to post that here, that was actually supposed to be (and is) in a conversation, some weird bug maybe

darekasan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As an example, you can see that the pixels of the y touching the edge, this will break in game
Edit: somehow this got posted here, was supposed to be in a Sol Trigger conversation

Whoa, my bad! I'll have the images fixed by tomorrow. How the heck did this end up here, though?!

Reactions: JamRules

LoliRam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Very first Phantasy Star game I played was on SCHThack's private PSOBB server. That was a good solid 2 years of fun I had on there. Did eventually get old, and I never really saw the appeal of a semi-translated PSO2, considering I would've practically been playing alone since I have very few friends who enjoy the series ;-; Portable 1 and 2 kept me quite happy though.

I'm quite content we got interest piqued in PSP2i though. Will be nice to play with people online again (despite the fact I'm practically introverted lol) and make some new friends~

Hatenamaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty excited about this! I loved Phantasy Star Portable 2, and people online kept talking about it possibly coming out in the US and to my disappointment it didn't get released in the US. So seeing someone work towards translating it makes me excited!

Reactions: JamRules

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would play the hell of PSO2, patch or not, if it wasn't online. See, I'm kinda ok with playing MMOs, but lags and delays (my internet sucks) on every single action is what turns me off. The soundtrack is still awesome though: watch?v=yQuURNVv4Fg (freaking auto-embed)

Incidentaly, I never tried the local/online multiplayer on PSP2/i. On PSPortable there was a lot of lag and unpassable areas for single-players. Is it still true?

LoliRam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MP on PSP2/i seemed alright IMO. I have standard net and had no problems really.

I can attest to the impassable areas on PSP1, btw. Found that to be the most bullshit thing honestly... You'd miss out on S Ranks, gear, and special areas just because you do not have 4 people. Don't think there was ever really a fix for it either. Did not check though.

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks. International "standard net" discussions make me cry, but if they removed the lag when hitting/being hit by monsters and other local actions I'm good. I'll test it later.

I found hints of existing cheats to complete these missions on 1, but never the actual thing. Now I remember, 2 had some missons that required 2-4 players, and looks like cheats to bypassing that also exist. Sigh... at least they didn't even let you in instead of crushing your hopes midway through.

zxelman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never really saw the appeal of a semi-translated PSO2, considering I would've practically been playing alone since I have very few friends who enjoy the series ;-;

Friends were the main reason why I still bothered to play again after trying out the game in closed beta years ago. I got back into it 2-3 months ago and there is quite a lot translated to help you play the game. The story, most of the items and weapons, abilities, PAs, and whatever other information you'd think you'd need is all in English with a patch, making it very playable with no knowledge of Japanese.

The thing is, you have to get through the initial grind to level 50 to get to the real meat of the game. Super hard mode is where most of the community is at, and only then does it feel less like a single-player game. It doesn't take that long if you take advantage of emergency quests and client orders. I feel now that the game is entirely worth checking out, despite its online-only requirement. The game is completely fun to play without paying a single cent (I haven't paid for any benefits and I got great loot).

Sorry for getting off-topic, it's probably the last I'll talk about it here. PM me if you want to know more about anything PSO2 and I'll do whatever I can.

Hollow Snow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang since my last post my psp randomly died on me from playing a random game. I assume its "power cord" needs to be tighten or replace after looking into it. But at this rate I'm wondering if a psp can die just from overuse seeing how it lasted me for 4 years, and that was with buying it used to boot. It shouldn't be fully bricked seeing how when I turn it on the green light will lit up along with the music and message "Sony Entertainment" screen before turning itself off again. Holding the "home & L button" even lets me go into the main menu for about 10 secs. Just sucks because I haven't done anything "risky" to my system in literally years...but if I must fork over another $80 or so on another silver 3000 then so be it I guess...

:/ Funny because I was saving to help my bro buy a Vita, but screw it thanks to my systems dieing on me one annually (Wii died around this time last year from wear...) At least I can always count on my invincible decade old GameCube...or even my bro's 14+ year old N64 if worst comes to shove. Sorry if this should have been put on another topic however.

But yeah the abbreviation for the PS series is crazy, I didn't even know Phantasy Star had actual PC games to be honest. I always assumed they started on the Genesis, and eventually moved onto the DreamCast.

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MP on PSP2/i seemed alright IMO. I have standard net and had no problems really.

I can attest to the impassable areas on PSP1, btw. Found that to be the most bullshit thing honestly... You'd miss out on S Ranks, gear, and special areas just because you do not have 4 people. Don't think there was ever really a fix for it either. Did not check though.

There is/was a CWCheat code to open those doors with one player.

UJUICE

Trophies
XP
Country
GUYS, I MADE AN ACCOUNT JUST SO I CAN SAY. THANK YOU :D AND IM SO EXCITED TO PLAY THE GAME WITH YOUR TRANSLATION, KEEP IT UP GUYS. GOODLUCK AND GODBLESS

Merik2013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still making an effort to follow this. Got my hands on an imported copy. Going to have to try something other than that though to allow my friends to play it. They have no interest in getting PSPs.

On another note, has there been any progress recently? It feels like things are slowing down?

Edit: btw, what's the dlc situation with PSP2i? How much of it did they include on the disc and where would I download the rest?

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still making an effort to follow this. Got my hands on an imported copy. Going to have to try something other than that though to allow my friends to play it. They have no interest in getting PSPs.

On another note, has there been any progress recently? It feels like things are slowing down?

Edit: btw, what's the dlc situation with PSP2i? How much of it did they include on the disc and where would I download the rest?

Thanks for the support, this is a large project so unfortunately it won't be ready soon but we are working on it.

As for DLC there's a special DLC pack on the official website for extra missions and then there's standard dlc available for weapons, costumes, etc.
Someone put a link here but I haven't tried it myself
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605435-phantasy-star-portable-2-infinity/70043500

LoliRam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have sampled all of the DLC in that pack, and while its not every single piece of DLC, it all appears to work. If you're using PPSSPP, it slows your loading times by a good chunk because of all the stuff tho lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT