Brazil
Reactions: JamRules

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup! It's ridiculously cheap if you consider that you're getting the PSP2 original content (truly original unlike the localized versions) + the "infinite" stuff.

Worth it for the fact that cutscenes are voiced

I also recently got Frontier gate boost+ for a similarly cheap price of £14

Reactions: Hargrun

LoliRam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed. I managed to get my copy on amazon for $15. Worth every little bit.

Doesn't necessarily matter that its somewhat around 4 years down the line. Phantasy Star has always, in my mildly uneducated guess, been a fairly niche game. Just seeing the fact that even THIS many people are still vying for an English patch for PSP2i is pretty impressive. No matter what way you look at it, it's a fairly solid game with a good amount of content if you enjoy the PS series (and rare hunting. A lot :P).

Reactions: Hargrun and Fefo

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed. I managed to get my copy on amazon for $15. Worth every little bit.

Doesn't necessarily matter that its somewhat around 4 years down the line. Phantasy Star has always, in my mildly uneducated guess, been a fairly niche game. Just seeing the fact that even THIS many people are still vying for an English patch for PSP2i is pretty impressive. No matter what way you look at it, it's a fairly solid game with a good amount of content if you enjoy the PS series (and rare hunting. A lot :P).

It's actually seems hard to track down an English copy of 2.

Really cheap. Sadly I can't export, so my best guess is giving U$100 to a sketchy seller.

That's a shame, guess it can be difficult in some countries.

Reactions: Fefo

Temeraire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm here to congratulate you on your progress. I thought people had given up on this game getting translated, and I guess I was right, in a way.

I'm not really good at anything related to translations, and I'm busy with work and college, but if you need anybody to help you with something, I can try to get the word out seeing as I know a lot of people who love the phantasy star series. and some of them might be good at translating ( I've recommended the series to everybody I know online and offline ever since I played psp1 back around 2010.)

Sylphrit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Literally made an account to show my support for your endeavor, JamRules! :)

With NOVA coming in November, it reminded me of an amazing game that's being missed out by the english community... DX I never would have guessed seeing this post when I checked up on PSP2i. :P

I've had the game since release and it's killing me. I can understand Japanese but PSP games always give me a hard time with the more complex kanji so I dropped trying for this game even with Devi's guide. Just got lazy to go back and forth to my dictionary TOO often to interrupt my gameplay. Being a completionist sucks cos I want to know what's happening with story more than gameplay alone. That's why heavy text games I tend to never finish but thank god most have been translated and this one is picked back up. Completionist + Lazy @$$ - Reading Fluency = Never Will Finish JP Games. :P

Keep it up! Thank you so much. ;)

Let me know if there's anything I can help with even if I'm neck deep into nursing school (--and Destiny lol)

Hollow Snow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've created an account just to say I'm looking this thread everyday.
Thank you for your efforts <3
I second what Viralz said; because despite visiting this site in general a lot since 2011 (for Pokemon BlazBlack/Volt White) I've never bothered to actually make an account until now.

I really want to thank LoliRam and co. for your awesome determination and strong ambition to tackle on such a formidable beast of a translation patch. Unfortunately I know nothing about editing and scripting data inside PsP games so I can't help you with that. Heck the only thing I'm known for is for beta testing several DS games in the past. (Unlike most people I stuck with the groups until they quit or finished.) Dragon Question Joker 2 Pro seems to be the only DS game still attempting to be translating.

I'm well aware that this project will still take quite some time due to proofreading, translating vs localization, and Episode 1 issues, so I have two questions. The first would be if you guys are tempted to release a "beta patch" after completing just one of the episodes instead of both? While the second would be if excited fans should hold off from playing the normal English Phantasy Star 2 game and patiently wait until you guys finish? I'm wondering because I haven't touched my psp in about a year and a half until this month, so maybe I should wait and make the Infinity version more exciting.

-_- Man I probably typed way too much so sorry about that, at least I'll bump this thread. For kicks at least I can treat myself to that Sol Trigger patch along with Valeria (however you spell it) Chronicles 3 in the Winter break for motivation in my college work xD.

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About beta-ing one episode, the same technical issues apply to both so it may not make that much difference in the time taken to build the patch so for simplity its probably best to wait.

I would say to go ahead and play it, you can transfer the save with a bit of fiddling once the patch is out.

Oh and as someone on the Sol Trigger team the currently available patch is nowwhere near done so best to wait

Korma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I'm so hyped for this patch. I just wanna thank you guys for making this after so many others have failed. I just got my copy of the game in the mail today so I'll be using devifoxx's guide for a while. Also, can I use the online entitlement code on my american SEN or do I have to use my japanese one? It'd be nice if I didn't have to switch accounts all the time.

Hollow Snow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About beta-ing one episode, the same technical issues apply to both so it may not make that much difference in the time taken to build the patch so for simplity its probably best to wait.

I would say to go ahead and play it, you can transfer the save with a bit of fiddling once the patch is out.

Oh and as someone on the Sol Trigger team the currently available patch is nowwhere near done so best to wait

Ah I wasn't aware that the same technical issues applied to both episodes, so yeah it would be for the best to just send out one big patch when the massive project is completed.

Ah almost forgot your one of the guys actually making the Sol Trigger patch, so thanks for letting me know the current patch actually isn't finished yet. In fact screw it if its "nowhere near done" I'll probably just stick with PSO2 for now (& maybe God Eater for the first time for as Christmas gift to myself.) I have a mini backlog of psp games recently so I'm more than patience enough for Sol Trigger and PSI to be English patched so once again thank you and hope you guys can see it through the end!

Now if only a group could finish the menu translation for Tales Versus, because dude even finished it, but only on his computer. Normally I don't like menu only translations but that game really only needs it to be playable on the go (without having to constantly look at a translation guide. Edit: Nvm I'm just going to play PSO2 (psp) and the..."other"... PSO on the GC, so I really don't think I have to play the first Phantasy Star game on the psp since most people agree it was the worst "Online" game in the series anyways. Dang the DreamCast/Gamecube games made this post more convoluted than it really needed to be.

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Please don't screw with my mind, PSO2 is the PC game, the PSP game is PSP2. These acronyms OMG, and there is the emulator...

As for the first PSP Phantasy Star game (which goes by PSP too... sigh) isn't a bad one, but there's no denying that PSP2 does a lot of things better. There are no chains, forces don't suck, Acromasters are godlike, PP is weapon dependant and PA/Tech spam is viable because Photon Chargers exist. It's a ok game for Universe series.

LoliRam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please don't screw with my mind, PSO2 is the PC game, the PSP game is PSP2. These acronyms OMG, and there is the emulator...

As for the first PSP Phantasy Star game (which goes by PSP too... sigh) isn't a bad one, but there's no denying that PSP2 does a lot of things better. There are no chains, forces don't suck, Acromasters are godlike, PP is weapon dependant and PA/Tech spam is viable because Photon Chargers exist. It's a ok game for Universe series.

Lol, there are certainly a large of amount of abbreviations if you're trying to play these games. PSP2, PSP2i, PSPo2i, PPSSPP, PSP1, PSP....

I'll have to admit playing the first Phantasy Star Portable was what got me into the series but I will never go back to it because the improvements that PSP2/PSP2i made are just so massive. Forces were definitely way better in the first PSP though... that damage was nuts.

Btw, I haven't been keeping track of things lately (bla bla busy bla), but I'm hoping within the next couple of weeks we can have a better progress update for everyone~

Reactions: Fefo and JamRules

Sylphrit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I miss my childhood with PSO on the gamecube. It broke me to insert my card and saw all my data wiped. :P LOL Off topic but I wanted to chime in haha!!

Jam! Yeah IF -- and I say IF -- you start demoralizing, let us know I'm sure I'm not the only one willing to help! I don't know jack squat about the technicalities about translating the game but I've always wanted to try and I'm not a slow learner. :) Translation-wise, Japanese isn't too hard for me. Kanji research is probably the slowest thing I've got on my repertoire but once thats down translating it to contemporary english is piece of cake since I can understand and speak quite enough to do so without sounding too stiff.

haha... PSP, PSO, PSP2, PSP2i, PPSSPP, PS1, PSV, PSO2, PSU, PS3, PS4, PS+, PTSD...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I sank most my tokens and quarters in this game when I was a kid. A classic.