Persona 5: The Royal announced for the PlayStation 4, more info due next month

Announced as a surprise drop for New Year's was Persona 5R, and with its reveal came absolutely no information about the upcoming title other than the fact that it existed. That'll change soon, however, as Atlus is planning on finally giving fans more details about what exactly Persona 5R is. Tomorrow, on March 23rd, the finale for Persona 5: The Animation will air, and after it concludes, we'll get to see a peek at some new information regarding the game, according to the official Japanese Twitter account for Persona 5. Stay tuned, as this thread will be updated once the broadcast has completed.

UPDATE:

The teaser reveal has gone live, with the title of the upcoming game officially revealed as Persona 5: The Royal. A female character is shown standing in the crowd. A narration asks, "What are your thoughts on the Phantom Thieves?", with the unknown character responding, "I think helping people is a wonderful thing, but if I had to say, I don't like them. I don't think the Phantom Thieves' methods will make the world a better place or help anyone. In the end, I feel like you can only solve that yourself."

That was all that Atlus revealed, though more information is promised for the upcoming Persona Super Live Concert, which will take place on April 24.

:arrow: Source

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The same survey asks if people want to see a mainline SMT game on PC/PS4.

This confirms it folks, we are getting SMT5 on PS4, while Persona 5 will be going to the Switch! /s
It confirms that they're interested in the possibility. Really there's no reason not to have all their games on all the systems. Unless they're allergic to money, I guess.

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same survey asks if people want to see a mainline SMT game on PC/PS4.

This confirms it folks, we are getting SMT5 on PS4, while Persona 5 will be going to the Switch! /s
Lol, personally if there was a leak implying SMT on PS I'm sure people would hype on it the same. Exclusives keeps the money rolling though.

Edit: I mean any type of SMT content. I know we've been spoiled.

Last edited by MagnesG,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They could help with marketing and publishing? That's quite huge on their part.
You mean Sony/Nintendo? Atlus does a lot of self-publishing. They also publish through Deep Silver and Sega. The latter provides even more reason to bring Atlus games to PC.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: DarthDub

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! Another game that will probably be amazing yet won't release on the Nintendo Switch because of reasons relating to the overall power of the system despite the fact that the system can handle multiplats as recent as Doom '16! Sounds great!

Reactions: DarthDub

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Wow! Another game that will probably be amazing yet won't release on the Nintendo Switch because of reasons relating to the overall power of the system despite the fact that the system can handle multiplats as recent as Doom '16! Sounds great!
As of right now it has nothing to do with the system's power. Persona is still Sony exclusive.

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean Sony/Nintendo? Atlus does a lot of self-publishing. They also publish through Deep Silver and Sega. The latter provides even more reason to bring Atlus games to PC.
Nah I was referring to exclusive deals, promotions, bundles, ads etc. Sure many of them was self-published, but we can't be sure there was no deals on them being exclusive on certain system.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nah I was referring to exclusive deals, promotions, bundles, ads etc. Sure many of them was self-published, but we can't be sure there was no deals on them being exclusive on certain system.
True, those usually last up to a year at most, though, and we're well past that for Persona 5 by now. I also don't think Atlus would be asking about PC/Switch ports if they were still under an exclusivity contract.

Last edited by Xzi,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That would actually be great, Persona is a game that really benefits from being portable, more than SMT... but to be honest SMT also is a game that benefits from portability...

That said, if there is a market worth the effort there will be a release, both of SMT on PS4 and/or Persona on the Switch (with the Atlus survey being part of market research). Meanwhile I will keep replaying P5 on my PS4 (but sure I would have preferred it on the go).

Reactions: DarthDub and Xzi

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna play it on portable. Please. I've seen demise on friends' eyes when they had to slog through 4th palace. By the end, their eyes are dead.

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS4+Vita+Remote play... you're welcome.
You have to deal with the ecosystem, so damn narcissistic lol. Warped perspective when you think everyone's in the same situation like you.

Why not stream all your games on your phone then? Portable you're welcome.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have to deal with the ecosystem, so damn narcissistic lol. Warped perspective when you think everyone's in the same situation like you.
Well, some of us own the systems that have the games we want to play... and some of us act entitled about the games we want to play not being on the systems we own.
Either buy another system, or be happy with what you've got and stop acting like anyone owes it to you to give you anything.
I'm not against the Persona franchise being on more systems and reaching a wider audience, but I'm realistic and grateful for everything I can enjoy rather than being entitled and slightly bitter about the things I can't.

Reactions: DeslotlCL

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, some of us own the systems that have the games we want to play... and some of us act entitled about the games we want to play not being on the systems we own.
Either buy another system, or be happy with what you've got and stop acting like anyone owes it to you to give you anything.
I'm not against the Persona franchise being on more systems and reaching a wider audience, but I'm realistic and grateful for everything I can enjoy rather than being entitled and slightly bitter about the things I can't.
I'm sorry if what I said can been as 'entitled'. Though I own both PS4 and Vita, I just can't cope to forgo with the setup, dealing with the back vita track-pad etc. I just can't, especially when I need to travel a lot. Even then I can't see myself finishing a long JRPG on big ass console, too much grind on the couch. It's not a P4 Golden or P3 FES type situation.

But again, I'm not that bitter when I had already even saw through the ending from my friend's playthrough. I'm just saying portable's gonna be a big deal, would sell tons of copies and I'm one those people who will aboard the hype train if that's the case.

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better idea: How about every single game in existence gets ported to either PC or Switch and Microsoft and Sony go back to making computers and televisions, respectively.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-