Persona 5: The Royal announced for the PlayStation 4, more info due next month

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Mar 22, 2019.

Front-page

Announced as a surprise drop for New Year's was Persona 5R, and with its reveal came absolutely no information about the upcoming title other than the fact that it existed. That'll change soon, however, as Atlus is planning on finally giving fans more details about what exactly Persona 5R is. Tomorrow, on March 23rd, the finale for Persona 5: The Animation will air, and after it concludes, we'll get to see a peek at some new information regarding the game, according to the official Japanese Twitter account for Persona 5. Stay tuned, as this thread will be updated once the broadcast has completed.

UPDATE:

The teaser reveal has gone live, with the title of the upcoming game officially revealed as Persona 5: The Royal. A female character is shown standing in the crowd. A narration asks, "What are your thoughts on the Phantom Thieves?", with the unknown character responding, "I think helping people is a wonderful thing, but if I had to say, I don't like them. I don't think the Phantom Thieves' methods will make the world a better place or help anyone. In the end, I feel like you can only solve that yourself."

That was all that Atlus revealed, though more information is promised for the upcoming Persona Super Live Concert, which will take place on April 24.

:arrow: Source

Avanders0125, Lycanroc, Foxi4 and 9 others like this.
    Discussion (135 replies)
  1. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 12, 2017
    United States
    Assuming the Switch version will be confirmed, it'll cap off a great week of new Switch game reveals.

Edit: oh wait, that's Persoma 5S, not 5R. R is some sort of spinoff game while S should be the enhanced version of 5. Was R rumored to come to the Switch too? Don't remember if it said anything about that or not.

Last edited by MikaDubbz, Mar 22, 2019
    CoolStarDood, x65943 and GuyInDogSuit like this.
  2. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    Antelope, CA
    I thought P5A was done? Unless that last episode is just a "bad ending" kind of thing. I haven't finished the series yet, so I thought the current ones would be the end of it.

3. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    I guess this explains why P5 is currently on sale at a massively reduced price on the PS store.

Not gonna lie, and I know it's not what the Switch owners want to hear, but I'd be massively surprised to ever see any of the core titles of the Persona series released on anything other than a Sony platform.

gnmmarechal and CallmeBerto like this.
  4. SkittleDash

SkittleDash GBANep

GBAtemp Patron
    SkittleDash is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 21, 2015
    Japan
    Planeptune
    Persona for Switch... Persona for Switch... Persona for Switch...

Nintendo may have the main series, Shin Megami Tensei. But having the spinoffs on their system would be great too. :3

GuyInDogSuit and CoolStarDood like this.
  5. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    It would be great to see a persona 3 or 4 HD remake. I took part in the survey Atlus did recently regarding the Persona series. One question asked if you wanted to see a persona 5 remake, more DLC or remasterd Persona games.

Last edited by proffk, Mar 22, 2019
  6. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    Granted, SMT is now kind of exclusively on Nintendo, but it wasn't always that way... remind me - what Nintendo system is SMT3 playable on? ;)

mario5555 likes this.
  7. SkittleDash

SkittleDash GBANep

GBAtemp Patron
    SkittleDash is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 21, 2015
    Japan
    Planeptune
    PS2 obviously since everyone pretty much had a PS2. But Nintendo soon had portable gaming by the balls. And still does. And that's what people like. Having the ability to play games on the go. Especially with decent graphics. The 3DS weren't bad on the graphics back then. And neither is the Switch today.

8. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    That's a pretty good birthday present, if you ask me.

DS1 and GuyInDogSuit like this.
  9. NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde Let us start the game

Mar 6, 2015
    Morocco
    Morocco
    Happy Birthday Naofumi !

GuyInDogSuit and RedoLane like this.
  10. guisadop

guisadop GBAtemp Fan

Jun 22, 2012
    Brazil
    I don't care if it comes to the switch as long as it's also on the PS4 - which is very probably is given the PS logo at the end of the last teaser.
    I'll happily double-dip if it's Persona 5. This is the game of the generation for me, maybe even the decade.

11. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    Not saying it will happen, but crazy things happened before. We did get Cuphead, after all.

12. pitterpatter

pitterpatter Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    Vita Port
    Vita Port
    Vita Port

piwix likes this.
  13. Darksabre72

Darksabre72 Blue Falcon

Nov 26, 2016
    United States
    hmm that would be a surprise

14. Mcall

Mcall Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2018
    United States
    Mark my words its going to be a femc. The title Ruby would make sense and the fact that it's probably too early for a rerelease.

CallmeBerto and TomboyGamerXL like this.
  15. pitterpatter

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    atlas have a history of releasing persona games on old consoles and with catherine for the vita running on the same engine, i'm not ruling it out

Darksabre72 likes this.
  16. Beerus

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    as long as i get more persona im a happy cat

17. rodan100919

rodan100919 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2013
    United States
    This. I just want to have all my persona games in one place. Thanks to Adrenaline 1-4 are all playable on vita

piwix likes this.
  18. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    Thank you, uuuummm….Joker.

Last edited by RedoLane, Mar 22, 2019
    NeoSlyde likes this.
  19. pitterpatter

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2018
    United States
    dude, joker was a playable character in catherine full body, as dlc: . if you skip to near the end, you can even see joker and the gang at the stray sheep bar. I mean, the game can practically port itself at this point; and I would even argue that atlus was teasing it there.

even if it's a more downgraded port akin to what p3p was to the psp. it would still be pretty fucking sweet

Last edited by pitterpatter, Mar 23, 2019