Persona 5: The Royal announced for the PlayStation 4, more info due next month

Announced as a surprise drop for New Year's was Persona 5R, and with its reveal came absolutely no information about the upcoming title other than the fact that it existed. That'll change soon, however, as Atlus is planning on finally giving fans more details about what exactly Persona 5R is. Tomorrow, on March 23rd, the finale for Persona 5: The Animation will air, and after it concludes, we'll get to see a peek at some new information regarding the game, according to the official Japanese Twitter account for Persona 5. Stay tuned, as this thread will be updated once the broadcast has completed.

UPDATE:

The teaser reveal has gone live, with the title of the upcoming game officially revealed as Persona 5: The Royal. A female character is shown standing in the crowd. A narration asks, "What are your thoughts on the Phantom Thieves?", with the unknown character responding, "I think helping people is a wonderful thing, but if I had to say, I don't like them. I don't think the Phantom Thieves' methods will make the world a better place or help anyone. In the end, I feel like you can only solve that yourself."

That was all that Atlus revealed, though more information is promised for the upcoming Persona Super Live Concert, which will take place on April 24.

:arrow: Source

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming the Switch version will be confirmed, it'll cap off a great week of new Switch game reveals.

Edit: oh wait, that's Persoma 5S, not 5R. R is some sort of spinoff game while S should be the enhanced version of 5. Was R rumored to come to the Switch too? Don't remember if it said anything about that or not.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess this explains why P5 is currently on sale at a massively reduced price on the PS store.

Not gonna lie, and I know it's not what the Switch owners want to hear, but I'd be massively surprised to ever see any of the core titles of the Persona series released on anything other than a Sony platform.

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would be great to see a persona 3 or 4 HD remake. I took part in the survey Atlus did recently regarding the Persona series. One question asked if you wanted to see a persona 5 remake, more DLC or remasterd Persona games.

Last edited by proffk,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Persona for Switch... Persona for Switch... Persona for Switch...

Nintendo may have the main series, Shin Megami Tensei. But having the spinoffs on their system would be great too. :3
Granted, SMT is now kind of exclusively on Nintendo, but it wasn't always that way... remind me - what Nintendo system is SMT3 playable on? ;)

Reactions: mario5555

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Granted, SMT is now kind of exclusively on Nintendo, but it wasn't always that way... remind me - what Nintendo system is SMT3 playable on? ;)

PS2 obviously since everyone pretty much had a PS2. But Nintendo soon had portable gaming by the balls. And still does. And that's what people like. Having the ability to play games on the go. Especially with decent graphics. The 3DS weren't bad on the graphics back then. And neither is the Switch today.

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't care if it comes to the switch as long as it's also on the PS4 - which is very probably is given the PS logo at the end of the last teaser.
I'll happily double-dip if it's Persona 5. This is the game of the generation for me, maybe even the decade.

pitterpatter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. I just want to have all my persona games in one place. Thanks to Adrenaline 1-4 are all playable on vita

dude, joker was a playable character in catherine full body, as dlc: . if you skip to near the end, you can even see joker and the gang at the stray sheep bar. I mean, the game can practically port itself at this point; and I would even argue that atlus was teasing it there.

even if it's a more downgraded port akin to what p3p was to the psp. it would still be pretty fucking sweet

Last edited by pitterpatter,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over