True Demon Route
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
How exactly do i go about making pacts with demons? I mean, i know i have to make them happy, but how exactly do i do it?
I somehow managed a get a pact with a Pixie with Lisa, do i need to make characters with same arcana as the demon talk to each other or something?
Also, um. This is stupid but i kind of forgot, what exactly is the advantage for a pact again?

Reactions: 1 person

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
You can "make" new persona by using the tarot cards in the velvet room, Tarot cards are well made by making demons happy, most of the time it is the same arcana, but well you can use other character and still succeed

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
clegion said:
You can "make" new persona by using the tarot cards in the velvet room, Tarot cards are well made by making demons happy, most of the time it is the same arcana, but well you can use other character and still succeed
What i was asking was how to go about making em happy :| Not how to make Personas

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
prowler_ said:
Gundam Eclipse said:
What i was asking was how to go about making em happy
Talk to them during battle?
IIRC making them happy doesn't give you tarot cards, it's another emotion that I've forgotten.
It gives you those free cards IIRC. I have been trying to talk, but besides the Pixie i haven't managed to make any demon happy, was wondering if there were specific choices or something i had to make.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's the same as the PS1 version then you get them happy, the little green color 3 times and they will let you make a pact with them.

Forgot in IS but in EP when you made a pact with them you would be able to get more free tarot cards which you could use in the velvet room to make different tarot cards. Again, forgot if it's like that in IS since i haven't played the ps1 version in awhile, not sure if atlus changed it in the PSP version.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have played the game.

Happiness gives you the pact, and if you already have a pact with the demon, you get some cards instead.

Eagerness just gives you cards.

To make a pact, you need to max out happiness. However, I believe you want the EXACT method of making a demon happy. It's different for each demon.

Some demons have different traits. To find these traits out, click "Contact" and hover over the demon you want to contact. Its traits will be shown. (These being things like "Foolish" or other such things.)

Pick a character (or characters) with traits that seem to attribute to the demon. (If the demon is foolish, try to act like it's smart and such)

Mostly, since it's quite difficult to get the right combination, I pick one character and try all their options, it should increase happiness with one of them. If it doesn't, I try a different character or a combination of characters.

Tatsuya (or the MC, I just kept his default name) is usually the best one for contacting demons. His contact options usually raise one or two of the demon's stats. Just test each one until you find the option that raises happiness for that demon, then spam it till happiness is full.

Personally, I find it's best to try and raise both happiness and eagerness when you have a pact, as you'll get pretty good cards.

If you make the demon scared or angry, it will break your pact and run away or fight.

Hope I helped
smile.gif

P.S. As for the advantages to a pact... I don't know myself >.< I haven't played very long, only 1 or 2 hours.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Apprently, but I've asked about 30 demons at the beginning of the game with a pact, and NONE have given me information. Maybe it's for later in the game.

Anyway, I *think* having a pact decreases the amount of Tarot Cards needed to summon Personas of that arcana in the Velvet Room. Not sure...

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's anything like Eternal Punishment, then Making a pact with Demons, then getting 3 yellows, eagerness i guess they call it in the PSP version, then you would get more cards to fuse demons with. Not sure if it's like that in IS though, i don't think i tried that when i played the PS1 version.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sylar1 said:
If it's anything like Eternal Punishment, then Making a pact with Demons, then getting 3 yellows, eagerness i guess they call it in the PSP version, then you would get more cards to fuse demons with. Not sure if it's like that in IS though, i don't think i tried that when i played the PS1 version.

Well, if you do that even without a pact, you get a number of cards of the arcana of the demon.

I think you need 3 eagerness bars for cards, 3 happy for pacts, and 3 happy+eager for an item or yen...

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Lisa can dance for that X demon with the pitchfork.
Yuki can take photographs for that squirrel furry.
I do not remember the others, but I know that Tatsuya can persuade the Nightmare into giving him 6 Moon cards.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Thanks for the help, i more or less know how to go about it now.

Uh, another question, doesn't really deserve its own thread so...
Is there any script or a good walkthrough, text or video that i can follow, one which makes the correct choices for Prime persona's and stuff, one which includes cutscenes/spoilers? I haven't played this in a few
days, so i need to remember some stuff which happened before.
I was following gocaliber's video walkthrough, but he's making the wrong choices IIRC, like saving Eikichi and going to rescue Lisa.

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just figured out what rumors the demons give you. They'll give you rumors about other demons and the skills they use. This can be really useful.

Later in the game, demons will give you rumors about ultimate weapons. You can buy two for a total of 1M and the rest are given to you.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
PLOT QUESTION, POSSIBLE SPOILERS ETC. ETC.
After rescuing all the children in the Museum, i went up against King Leo. When he removes his mask his name changes to Tatsuya Sudou, WAT. WHAT DID I MISS HERE. WHY DOES HE HAVE THE SAME NAME AS MC?! Also, is Akari mentioned anytime in the game? That is Ixquic, her real name is Akari, was her name mentioned anytime like Lady Scorpio's was in the beginning in Sevens? Also what's Scorpio's real name again? Also, when was the term Fuhrer revealed? I can't remember anyone saying that name, hence i am confused why peeps know that name. Playing this after a few days so my memory's wonky >>

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just keep playing, please. Telling you anything will destroy the rest of the game.

All shall be revealed later. Just keep playing this insanely long game which is epic.

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLOT QUESTION, POSSIBLE SPOILERS ETC. ETC.
After rescuing all the children in the Museum, i went up against King Leo. When he removes his mask his name changes to Tatsuya Sudou, WAT. WHAT DID I MISS HERE. WHY DOES HE HAVE THE SAME NAME AS MC?! Also, is Akari mentioned anytime in the game? That is Ixquic, her real name is Akari, was her name mentioned anytime like Lady Scorpio's was in the beginning in Sevens? Also what's Scorpio's real name again? Also, when was the term Fuhrer revealed? I can't remember anyone saying that name, hence i am confused why peeps know that name. Playing this after a few days so my memory's wonky >>
The names are close, but not quite the same. And everything makes perfect sense at the end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.