Kamgusta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
They said they were working on finding a replacement of DSTT.
Maybe you can spam them this name: EDGE
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=73027
If it turns to be a CycloDS clone, this could be another steal (or.. EXTREME DEAL!
frown.gif
)

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man I hope mine gets shipped soon it says it's packaging it might be a lie but I am so keeping my hopes up

Ordered Jan 20th

Sorry to bear bad news, but its probably a lie... Your tracking status will most likely go to 'processing - contact for info' very soon. This combined with the upcoming Chinese holiday will probably mean that your cart won't ship until a month has passed.

I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but that just seems to be the trend. To give you a perspective, I ordered on January 3rd, and only today has my shipment left Hong Kong.

Youch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I hope mine gets shipped soon it says it's packaging it might be a lie but I am so keeping my hopes up

Ordered Jan 20th

Sorry to bear bad news, but its probably a lie... Your tracking status will most likely go to 'processing - contact for info' very soon. This combined with the upcoming Chinese holiday will probably mean that your cart won't ship until a month has passed.

I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but that just seems to be the trend. To give you a perspective, I ordered on January 3rd, and only today has my shipment left Hong Kong.
well.. I'm also hoping you a wrong too
frown.gif

but I know it could be a lie I knew it was too good to be true

only if I knew that I would have been back ordered when I purchased it
mad.gif
mad.gif

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed that we are all getting about the same treatment. I have been able to compare reported (and learned) phases and I have not noticed one that differs greatly. This is why I do not think demand is the big problem.

Read what others report about there times and match that to your order date or next phase and only then you get an estimate. Don't expect much, I'm warning you.

1. A DealExtreme In stock or not indicator does not matter! That means nothing. It's undependable. It just might be, that you get to top of the line by ordering when they are "out-of-stock" (if you can) ironically. If you think they'll get you going (just to ship) quickly, you will ultimately be called impatient and it will be suggested that we should have known better and can after all just cancel. Fun fun.
wtf.gif

2. Packaging for shipping (misleading)

3. Back ordering product (say what?)

4. Pending: Contact us.

5. Shipped with # (yeah right)

6. Five (to Seven?) days later, Posted with HKP.

7. The next (business?) day, shipment leaving HK (21 days later for me!).

This is where I'm at.

Shipping up to 14 days more (at least 7 maybe).

Other items you ordered might ship LATER!

If you Receive bad/wrong product? Oh Shoooooooooot! The whole process could then take Three months(or more), in addition.

Did I get it right, veterans? This was from memory and I didn't use exact words. Nor am I past step 7 (according to tracking).

Corrections? Reports? Please let us know.

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
Update from me,

My second TTDS that I was told shipped last week but have been unable to track for 7 days, as of last night HK online tracking says dispatched 25th Jan 2008. So it should be on its way...

O and this morning my second order from Gameeyeah arrived , two weeks from start to finish.

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEW SLOGAN:
DealExtreme, where it's always worse than you think. Wait no, even worse and hold on, still worse...ha, we're not done with you yet, but shut up, you saved $6, (tops, not $20). You ingrate. What, it's broken? Yeah, we want to see a PHOTO of our records. You should have read the agreement you auto agreed to. What's more, if you dare to file a Paypal dispute, we will not refund your money. Didn't get what you ordered? Lets start over, no problem, we got nothing to lose. Hey, anything goes as long as we eventually send something, right? Oh, and we reserve the right to change combo orders or do what ever we want, we got your payment. After all; when it comes to trade, it's all about us.

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest: I decided to do something about Hong Kong Post. This for better or a waste.

QUOTE said:
Dear Hong Kong Post,

Thank you for the courteous manner in which you have responded to me.

Finally, would please tell me the complete details about my package
for the 5 days between when I received the tracking number and when
your system showed it as "posted".

My next question has little to do with shipping speed or holiday slow
down. Happy New Year.

Why was it not possible for your system to show my package as indeed
received and tracking within at least 24 hours as stated on your
Internet site?

Is there anything you can do to improve your system?

Formally, please present this to the leader of Hong Kong Post.

Sincerely,

We'll see. Maybe you might want to email HKP the same question. Maybe numbers will affect a positive change.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
I think DealExtreme is fine, just really really slow. They offered to exchange my item for something thats in stock, so I gave the SKU# for Elink 512Mbit and now I have to wait for a response, it will be cool if I get a product thats $10 more because my original one was out of stock! Now, that is good business if it happens.

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, let us know how that goes.
blink.gif

God bless you!

Edit: I'm not meaning that malicious or unfriendly, I'm just trying to keep since of humor. Sorry.

biggrin.gif

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been so long waiting on DE that a new card has come out!

That Edge card I mentioned ($28) looks to be on par with the DSTT (which is the best IMHO) and it might be a Cyclo DS Evolution clone(ish). It has some features formerly exclusive to the Evo. Who knows? The Edge has a basic site up; with OS and a manual to download.

Anyway, page 3 of this ruffly translated review, shows the OS on the Edge! I could care less about the cool box it comes in.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=i.../07/n-9507.html

nds.gif

Seina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a DSTT from Deal Extreme on the 3rd of January and it arrived on the 22nd to USA through registered mail, which I had to go down to the post office and sign for. It didn't come with the rumble pack and is white because I opened a ticket after I ordered, like was advised on their forum, saying I didn't care if it slowed down my order. All i got was the DSTT, the 2GB card, and a card reader.

The DSTT and the 2GB Kingston card works fine. The browser in DSOrganize works unlike on the R4. I haven't converted videos for it yet but I'm going to try it out. All I need now is to decide on a good SDHC card.

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations. Thank you for your report.

That 19 days you report is the fastest I have ever heard (of many). If my lone DSTT had arrived at that rate, I would have had it on the 21st (last Monday). Now, I estimate getting mine on this Thursday the 31th. That's 27 days! Who knows? Maybe not to February! I ordered just a hair after Jan 3rd; following midnight (the 4th) EST. So almost the 3rd too.

Remember, I ordered the DSTT by itself (w/reader) per their implication, to not slow things down. Apparently, your grouping with the somewhat overpriced (Sorry) 2GB flash and combo (per your report) went 9 days FASTER. Thus, as a matter of fact, there's no way of knowing what combo (or lack thereof) would come faster; no matter what they say.

Addendum: Also of note, since the price of a lone DSTT+Reader has factually now gone up. This logically suggests they did not think they were charging enough for the lone DSTT set. I have to then ponder how they decide who goes first. Especially when, if I had canceled or picked a different combo, it would have effectively cost me more per item. I have already determined they are irresponsible. This would be a tricky manner to handle profit when utilizing (factually admitted) just-in-time (AKA no) inventor and varying demands. This could effectively and immorally raise the price on your product(s). Yes, I went there. When trust is an issue, who knows? I can not trust them and you be warned. They are in control and you have no good recourse. Accept of course, to find a better deal elsewhere. This is why I persist. Fool me once... and I believe sharing is a good quality!

You ordered the 3rd and I ordered just after the 3rd and was back ordered. The logical implication is that you (and those) who ordered on the 3rd, got the last group. I wonder how probable that is; when people who ordered on the 2nd, were delayed and back ordered much longer than you. They admitted (factually on their site), shipping mistakes in the wrong order!

I'd say you should count yourself fortunate; that you got it when you did (even though your 19 days is not really fast shipping and even from Hong Kong. I know, I order from another China company PSXBOY at the same time.) I believe all this is evidence; of miss management (combo vs. not etc...) by DealExtreme.

I warn dear buyers, do not think you will order and get your stuff in 19 days; because that is not the average experience!

Please report your experience.

Don't forget, with me, if they had indicated an average 30 days without implying it would be much quicker, then I could have made an informed purchase decision. I already admitted the risk I took buying from them, was a mistake (for me). If I was then OK with back ordering and waiting for 30 days; compared to other and better companies (price included), then the speed would not be a problem. I did not expect speed! I did expect to be able to track it and within a day or two; on an "In Stock" (Ha!) item! Don't!

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Therefore, you do not really get tracking! You get only get a shipping confirmation from HKP (late); in the middle of the long and drawn out process, that's it! That's not tracking as we know it! I just want you to know.

QUESTION: Am I going to have to go down to my post office to do my (registered) signing after all this mess? This so DE can stop all their angry customers from saying it was never received? What a poor business!

Really, anyone know for sure?
wtf.gif
blink.gif

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long can you hold your breath?
rolleyes.gif

Another very important consideration where you might be fooled, is due to their various and inept (pre-order) problems that I had in mid December, if anyone had a reason for a rush, it was me. Now I'm fine with going in order and by official order but they don't even go in order, by your order! It depends. Now there are cases where going out of order; for mistreated customer could be valid and understandable but they have stated, they simply miss-handled a first ordered, first out processing.

The point here is, if you think you can sway them with communication (Stupid, slow "Ticket" system), you would be sorely mistaken! If you order from DE (which is your right), you'd best forget about them for 1 month; without any communications and then pray.

Slogan:
QUOTE said:
Dealextreme: Pay and pray. **

** Small print: We are not responsible. At all.

ramzeva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a DSTT from DE on Dec 28th, after reading the complaints about shipping I decided to use EMS shipping... but wait 18$ for shipping?!?! thats steep... so I looked for other items I wanted.. added some Wii items and shipping was down to 11$ for EMS.. the total roughly 50 dollars. Everything was instantly packed, and shipped.. and arrived in just 4 days. So I believe the more you spend and picking EMS will get you your cart faster, if you want it cheap with free shipping then be ready to wait. Similiar to Amazon.com.. if you pick free shipping it can take days to ship.

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a valid argument but respectfully, there are two main problems with that.

1. Where is the savings then compared to other faster shipping companies?

2. Amazon does NOT take 30 days average for it's "free" shipping.

Don't get me wrong, if your happy then I'm happy for you and I respect your choice. I would not have ordered from them, in that deal.

My whole point is if I knew then what I've learned now, and it's not just the wait. It's the total situation.

Plus, I'm saying DE is misleading, up front. I believe this thread can save you TIME! You can get back money ($6 saved, ha!), but you will never get back time (with aggravation to boot). You may even be able to beat DE's price if you try hard enough. In this case, if you even get close (by ones own gauge), that is much better!

ramzeva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasnt really defending DE, im pointing out the more you spend or pay, the more likely you'll get your item... im sure they make some profit off that 17$ EMS shipping cost. It is shady.. but hey the orders with more $$$$ will be higher priority, and I dont mean ordering 20x DSTT with free ship.

I just ordered the new Edge DS card with free ship, and a 3in1 expansion pack with free ship... so ill probably be in the same boat as everyone else now.

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI: The Hong Kong Post finally "answered" the email I posted above.

While polite, all they said was to check with my local post office and it could tell me about the package from HKP.

Is that a good tip for us to know? Maybe.

Did they answer the question as to why no tracking showed up for 5 days (for me) and longer for some? No.

This is what you'll be dealing with when using DealExtreme and HKP. I'm done with them.

P.S. Yes that Edge flash cart would be fun to test but I'm not reading an advantage over the DSTT, or Evolution. I would order it from somewhere else; even if it were more, but it's your call.

EDIT: My local post office has no special info and record of it. They say it should show up; on record when it comes into the US. Also, if I'm not here to sign (when???), I will have to go and pick it up.

Did anyone get a track once it hit the US?

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
Whilst catching up on this thread , knock at the door.. delivery from DX second cart has arrived
rolleyes.gif

Being the fool that I am i have last night ordered a EDGE card from them as well....
wtf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land