EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BUSTED!

*DAYS* ago DealExtream said it was shipped and gave me a tracking number and link to the Hong Kong Post. I was happy to see that. Then tracking would not track. I notices the web site said to wait 24 hours. I DID! Now I read that some have gone BACK to out-of-stock AFTER being given a tracking number for shipping. How the heck can something already shipped out of their hands then be out-of-stock and not shippable????

I KNOW, things take time. I KNOW holidays are a rush. I KNOW it would take a while but COME ON! How can anyone justly excuse THESE ACTIONS?

Are you so sure about this? I mean my tracking number does not work either, but the whole 'tracking number not working' problem is not new, and I think most of the people received their orders despite the lack of functional tracking. I really hope what your saying doesn't turn out to be the case...
frown.gif

kaisersose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you got ems shippping (the not free option), then you have to go to the ems site, for some reason DX give you a link to the hong kong post site and that wont work with an EMS tracking number

google ems for site

shanti.vt1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ordered back in Jan 4, just got shipped today. This was for DDTS.. They must be really busy....

I hope I get them...

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Picked mine up from the post office this morning - ordered 1st/2nd January, posted 12th.

Both packages included the rumble pack
smile.gif

Odd that both boxes had different writing on them (No DSTT in silver on the top of one and the silver logos were missing ff the side). Both worked though.

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems they keep changing to out of stock now, maybe they are doing that in response to everyone trash talking them?

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BUSTED!

*DAYS* ago DealExtream said it was shipped and gave me a tracking number and link to the Hong Kong Post. I was happy to see that. Then tracking would not track. I notices the web site said to wait 24 hours. I DID! Now I read that some have gone BACK to out-of-stock AFTER being given a tracking number for shipping. How the heck can something already shipped out of their hands then be out-of-stock and not shippable????

I KNOW, things take time. I KNOW holidays are a rush. I KNOW it would take a while but COME ON! How can anyone justly excuse THESE ACTIONS?

Are you so sure about this? I mean my tracking number does not work either, but the whole 'tracking number not working' problem is not new, and I think most of the people received their orders despite the lack of functional tracking. I really hope what your saying doesn't turn out to be the case...
frown.gif

Note that MY indication on my order still shows shipped with a tracking number.

I'm sure that my tracking number does not work now; after many days and also after receiving confirmation that Dealextreme gave me the correct tracking number.

The latest excuse is that Hong Kong Post drops the ball due to the coming (Feb 8) Chinese New Year (OF THE RAT).

I read now (in the above; quoted) that Hong Kong Post PERHAPS doesn't have working tracking system. My response to that is why the h_ll not? What's the point of giving a tracking number if it doesn't at least indicate (within the 24 hour posted on the shippers site) that the shipper HAS the package to start shipping? That has NOTHING to do with how fast or how slow or what holiday interruptions may occur. How hard is it to match a (truly issued) tracking number to say yes, we are indeed starting the process?

Hong Kong post certainly responded promptly to me. Did anyone track their order by Hong Kong Post?

Now Hong Kong post will either say that it is possible that they have my package, but their tracking doesn't work anyway OR DealExtreme did not really ship my package.

Recall that someone here also said, the actual ship date according to the Hong Kong Post was days after DealExtreme stated.

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picked mine up from the post office this morning - ordered 1st/2nd January, posted 12th.

Both packages included the rumble pack
smile.gif

Odd that both boxes had different writing on them (No DSTT in silver on the top of one and the silver logos were missing ff the side). Both worked though.

Thank you for your report. Every one helps.

I find this to be a negative on the part of Dealextreme because by this account, I should have already received mine. Plus I eliminated the Rumble Pak to reduce any delay. Now, I can not even confirm my package is in fact even shipped and I'm not getting what I originally wanted.

Please post what happened with your DSTT order.
What extras did you order if any?
When did you order?
When did they say it was shipped?
How many tickets did you file?
What did they say?
Could you track it? How?
When did the post say it was shipped?
When did you get it? Was it in good order?

Would you buy from them again?

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL. I think I may have something here:

"In Stock" = Horse poo. Their site even states they do not carry stock (Orders every day) and they don't know for sure if they can get it or not.

"Shipped w/ tracking" = We got one for you (or ordered for you so don't cancel) and it might be shipped when we get around to it in about Two weeks or maybe after the "year of the rat"! But don't hold us to it.

Yet, our order = You have PAID now!

Ha!

Omgwtfisthat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I feel sorry for all you peoples
frown.gif

I got my DSTT so long ago don't know how I'd live without it (well its gunna be 80% ditched when my PS3 gets here anywayyyy.........)

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Please post what happened with your DSTT order.
What extras did you order if any?
When did you order?
When did they say it was shipped?
How many tickets did you file?
What did they say?Â
Could you track it? How?
When did the post say it was shipped?
When did you get it? Was it in good order?

Would you buy from them again?

On Dec. 26th, I ordered a DSTT incl. rumble and a 2 gig Kingston Jap TF, an EFA Linker and a small memory card enclosure from DX. Needless to say, DSTTs were, are (and probably will be for quite some time..) out of stock.

A couple of days later, DX wrote that they had mismatched flashcart/rumble paks, that they'd send out immediately, if you didn't care about colors. I didn't and told them so via a ticket. But DX didn't follow thru. Then they said that they didn't have any more rumble paks, but would discount 2 bucks on corresponding orders and ship the DSTTs w/o rumble. I have yet to receive said discount. Or the DSTT.
I opened a second ticket, asking DX to at least ship the EFA Linker (I have an R4, so the DSTT isn't _that_ urgent.)
They said they would. Turns out, the EFA Linker had gone out of stock in the meantime and they hadn't reserved one for me, while they (and I) waited for the DSTT.
On Jan. 10th, I got an email stating that my order had been shipped. It didn't say whether it was a partail shipment or the whole deal. On Jan 12th., I got _another_ email claiming that my order had been shipped. Checking with HK Post, their website said that they didn't receive my order for shipment until Jan. 16th.

I opened a third ticket that day, because I still don't know, if the full order including the DSTT had been shipped. Needless to say, it's pending an answer. And none of the things I'd ordered have reached me thus far. I'm planning on cancelling the DSTT order if it's still not shipped.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame DX for the long shipping times. I've ordered from them quite a few times and knew what to expect. But their stock and information policies have been a major fuckup recently.

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My latest (I will tell you the good with the bad) "Good buddy".

QUOTE said:
...was posted on 24-Jan-2008 and is being processed
...From the Hong Kong Post (HKP).

At least now I would assume it's on it's way.
smile.gif
(I need the reader to test my SDHC card before it can't be returned)

The courteous HKP responded to my latest email including the above quote and again asking if would like to file a complaint.

Please note that it has posted and is tracking on the 24th and it certainly was NOT showing last night. DealExtreme presented my tracking number as "Shipped" on 1/19/2008. That's Five days difference; just to get started. I do not know if my correspondence effected the outcome. Please report your experience here. On the other hand, I also do not know if DealExtrem "Tickets" slow the rate of fulfillment. Trust me, I have NOT tried swearing at them!

I am writing this so that you will know that "Shipped" from DealExtream does NOT mean it is necessarily being processed by the HKP. That is not right! I can (somewhat) understand the stated 24 hour period before the tracking shows up in their online system and that's not the problem (except it's a day not knowing). So be advised, it's not like UPS or FED-EX or USPS. Let the buyer beware.

Now, I'm not sure what to think about the reports of tracking never working with HKP. Maybe it's because it gets shifted to international shipping along with the above Tracking incompetence. Maybe it's because I emailed HKP.

Oh! Now, I understand I was doing it correctly (for those not yet tracking). Once you click your tracking number link, that should be enough! It at least works for me, today. It is very confusing IF it does not track and one doesn't know what to enter where. What I mean is, one has to work at it to get it to actually say it's not found but not if your package is tracking.

That's the point. Incompetence either with DealExtreme and/or the HKP and one or both passing the buck. I have called them both down on it and I pray you do the same. It's not about the wait, or their holidays. It's about the not knowing and lack of accountability.

DealExtreme lied about the date shipped or HKP tracking is broken well beyond 24 hours. I only know it says "posted" today, five days later. That indicates, DealExtreme lied.

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My fiancee's just picked up a parcel at the local post office. It turns out that DX has sent my (complete) order via registered mail for some odd reason.

I suppose they've somewhat compensated for the stock/support fiasco by the fast delivery: eight days from HK to Germany must be a new DX record!
wink.gif

If only it were 6 pm now, so I could go home and try out my new toys!

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My details:

To tell the truth. I was a bit apprehensive about stating my own complete details for fear that DealExtreme with match me and cause more grief. After all, some have reported severe feet dragging when filing a Paypal compliant or even just a refund. Now that my order is supposed in process with HKP, I am willing to risk my details.

THANK YOU guys for reporting your details.

I started on December 20 but did not order until 1/4/2008. DealExtreme was very slow to answer my questions(CLUE!). The holiday rush and slow down reports keep me back (Mistake. It didn't help). I also researched the really new DSTT. This is when I also noted the DealExtreme reported problem with ONLY the Rumble Pak obtain-ability. So I ordered just the DSTT package. Which showed in-stock! I also then read about tracking availability. With my first order, I wanted to spend as little as possible (at risk).

In hind site, I had to WAIT on the DSTT availability anyway and that's just wrong. I should have ordered with the Rumble Pak anyway, but what I really needed was a Expansion Pak. I got that from PSXBOY post haste. They REALLY make DealExtreme look bad! (Even though the PSXBOY order page was a bit askew.)

By the way, the Ewin Expansion Pak is the same as the other one labeled to match the DSTT. They are reported to have "Ewin" on the internal circuit board.

I was happy to see my order go to processing or whatever it was, that implied (according to the site info) they had the DSTT to send me. Then the let down; when it went to "Processing, call us" or something similar, It was reported as BACK ORDERED!

I let them know (assertively) that customers were angry and felt fooled because they took payment (immediately) under the clear impression that it was in-stock and ready to ship. I never had any expectation of shipping being quick, and slow shipping time was expected and understood. I expected tracking quickly though. Don't! It has been 20 days just to get a shipping confirmation and with 5 of those after DealExtreme said it was shipped with tracking! It also appears to be day one (in the shipping system) after this total 20 days.

Note that DealExtremes total time to your door, is estimated to be UP TO 20 days MAXIMUM. So keep this inconsistency in mind.

EDIT: Just 20 days? Yeah, right! 28 days since I ordered and I don't even have any tracking in the US yet!

Again, it's sad that I have to rely solely on these posts to get a guess at what is actually happening. I do thank you; so much for reporting your details, too.

I also sincerely thank this forum for letting us post about a very troublesome dealer. I would not have posted but for a special place for it. Demand must have promoted it. This is another clue to you dear buyer.

If you want to order again from DealExtreme that's fine, but now you know better.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking about cancelling my GBANDS cart from DX. They are completely unresponsive, and they don't update their site. I think Ill wait a few days and if I don't get a response Ill send them another one to ask whats up.

lanman31337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's taking them friggin forever to refund me.

Edit: Time for a paypal claim.

Dear lanman31337,

What are the details and time limit for filing a Paypal claim?

Does Paypal report a problem with Dealextream?

You have up to 45 days to file a claim with paypal. My initial order was Dec 27th, it never shipped, asked for refund. Ordered January 3rd a DSTT without rumble because they said they had them in, still waiting for my refund.

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My latest Update: Tracking now says it is being prepared to ship FROM HK. This suggests again that Today or yesterday, the process was started. Well after the DealExtreme ship date.

You know, they just can't do this crap without being found out.

I think I have figured out the overall problem with DealExtreme as follows:

I now know by their own text and my experience, they use just-in-time inventory. Which as they say, they do not stock much. Now the idea is because of high demand, things are slow. Yet, now we have a report of a GBA slot-2 card also having the same problems. I know too, ordering just the DSTT alone did not in fact, help.

Problem # 1: They want your order and site indicators are going to be adjusted accordingly. Accuracy may be purposely avoided because they don't want orders canceled. Basically, they have no respect for you, as a customer; only respect for their time and convenience. If their supplier runs short, it's too bad FOR YOU. They don't care. They are taking zero risk. All the risk is on YOU. This is why their estimates, communications and "Ticketing" system is poor.

Problem #2: It's ALSO the Hong Kong Post! You see even though Dealextreme gave my a tracking number 5 days before HKP got started, it's the SAME tracking number that now works. So in all fairness to DealExtreme, they gave me this same number Five days ago. Either they made this number up and HKP adopted it, OR Hong Kong Post gave it to them upon shipping five days ago! Follow? If Hong Kong Post then issued it five days ago, HKP is incompetent for just now "preparing it" for shipping. Got it?

So I'm thinking they both stink; together. At the very least, a shipping company shouldn't be letting a vendor make up tracking numbers, right? It's far more likely that Hong Kong Post stinks too. Five days just for receiving, is INCOMPETENT! Have they never heard of how UPS and the rest of the world operates? I doubt that. Wouldn't you think Hong Kong would be progressive on this?

So I could be seeing it all wrong but one, the other, or both, SMELL! That much is for certain. Be warned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol