LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...about their damn consoles

In the span of a week I've ran into two stories that basically boils down to "OMG! Nintendo sold us ROMs." Apparently these co called tech reporters are just finding out about a fact that we here at Temp knew about since 2009-ish. Wii Virtual Console games are basically a ROM + emulator + HTML instruction website. Seriously, WTF?! Why can't people take two minutes to actually learn about the tech that they buy?! These articles are just as bad as the idiots who still claim that Wii U can't play GameCube games all because Nintendo has not released an official Virtual Console solution. I remember reading an article about the Switch possibly having Tegra X1. The reporter mentioned now the Shield console could use Dolphin emulator as some near guarantee of GameCube and Wii support and stated something similar to: because it will be a Nintendo system, they could perfect the emulator. At that moment my mind goes... "No muthafucka, that's not how it's going to go. If it happens at all, Nintendo will just piggyback on Dolphin and only release the few games they believe will run smoothly. Did we NOT see N64 VC games on Wii?!"

It's stuff like that, that makes me want to smack idiots! Anyone here feels the same way? Has anyone had the displeasure of running into people spewing flasehoods about a console because they couldn't be bothered to do some damn research? What about people who are just beyond late on finding out something that's common knowledge?

Reactions: RevPokemon

Hungry Friend

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not at all surprising that gaming "media" knows nothing of the emulation community and its vast base of knowledge, and I'm not exactly all that knowledgeable either but it really should be common knowledge by now. Emulators, and good ones at that, have been around since the 90s so the mainstream media has a lot of catching up to do.

A bit OT, but are any of the SNES games on the VC emulated any better than if you were to emulate said games in, say, 9x 1.54.1? I know BSNES/higan is 100% perfect but how do the best emulations on the VC compare to for lack of a better term, the average accuracy of 9x 1.54.1? I know that's overly simplistic/general since there are so many enhancement chips but I'm just curious if playing games on the Vc is better than simply using the latest 9x build in general.

Last edited by Hungry Friend, , Reason: typos

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not at all surprising that gaming "media" knows nothing of the emulation community and its vast base of knowledge, and I'm not exactly all that knowledgeable either but it really should be common knowledge by now. Emulators, and good ones at that, have been around since the 90s so the mainstream media has a lot of catching up to do.

Oh they know it's just they don't speak about it because it's stealing or whatever.

Hungry Friend

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh they know it's just they don't speak about it because it's stealing or whatever.
No doubt they know what emulators are but I seriously doubt your average reporter would have any idea how to actually use one or know any of the details as far as accuracy and such go for individual emus. I mean almost all retro LPs on youtube are very clearly emulated so they're pretty well known. In other words, point taken.

Last edited by Hungry Friend,
Reactions: SomecallmeBerto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.