Hacking Pegaswitch compatible with 4.1.0 firmware

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somewhat unrelated, but is there any reason to still be on 3.0.0? I've been busy with work for a few months, and all of the progress since is a lot to catch up on it seems.
Untethered softmod methods of booting into CFW without using RCM in the near future, and potentially untethered coldboot methods in the distant future, are reasons to stay on 3.0.0.

If you don't mind using RCM to load CFW, there's no real reason to stay on 3.0.0.

Reactions: x0b3chn

x0b3chn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Untethered softmod methods of booting into CFW without using RCM in the near future, and potentially untethered coldboot methods in the distant future, are reasons to stay on 3.0.0.

If you don't mind using RCM to load CFW, there's no real reason to stay on 3.0.0.

Thanks, that pretty much catches me up. I guess I'll just stay on 3.0.0 until I end up getting a game that comes with a higher firmware, and try to stay below 4.1.0 for as long as possible.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, that pretty much catches me up. I guess I'll just stay on 3.0.0 until I end up getting a game that comes with a higher firmware, and try to stay below 4.1.0 for as long as possible.
If you can wait for Atmosphere CFW to be finished, it will have support for emuNAND, and you can update that while leaving your sysNAND on 3.0.0.

Reactions: x0b3chn

x0b3chn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can wait for Atmosphere CFW to be finished, it will have support for emuNAND, and you can update that while leaving your sysNAND on 3.0.0.

Ha, thanks.. I was about to ask exactly that in a different thread.

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PegaSwitch is kinda useless honestly.
It's not the Homebrew Launcher or anything very necessary, just a toolkit.
Although this is basically just an early release of Deja Vu, which is cool. Someone just needs to implement it.

Not necessarily true. It's a flavor of toolkit that doesn't require jig/RCM. I prefer it over constantly jigging my unit for minimal gain. I'll start throwing my unit into RCM when actual CFW drops, until them this is a great soft mod solution.

azn87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
Hi since Pegaswitch seems to be compatible with 4.1.0, how do i actually start it?
When i set my DNS to 104.236.106.125 and 62.210.147.20 and then perform a Connection Test, i land on a "Homebrew Launcher Screen". But when i hit the install Button, i land on a Pegaswitch Site, but nothing else happens.. Same thing when i hit the Run Button..So do i need do copy some Files to my SD Card, in order to enter the HBL Menu? Thanks in advance!

edit: PS: i have the hekate 4.x Files already on my SD Card, and im able to launch the HBL via Hekate...

Last edited by azn87,

mariogamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi since Pegaswitch seems to be compatible with 4.1.0, how do i actually start it?
When i set my DNS to 104.236.106.125 and 62.210.147.20 and then perform a Connection Test, i land on a "Homebrew Launcher Screen". But when i hit the install Button, i land on a Pegaswitch Site, but nothing else happens.. Same thing when i hit the Run Button..So do i need do copy some Files to my SD Card, in order to enter the HBL Menu? Thanks in advance!
I think you need to connect pegaswitch at that state. It won't finish the exploit tho, since it's missing one gadget (see https://github.com/reswitched/pegaswitch/issues/126 )

Reactions: azn87

mnemonicpunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually, I don't know if the thing which fail is needed or not. Would be good if someone who got it working post their log...

@mnemonicpunk can you post your log please?
To be honest I didn't actually use PegaSwitch after that because most scripts simply won't run on 4.1 (the required services work somewhat differently in 4.1), it was more the thought that I could write my own scripts if I chose to. Don't have a real use for PegaSwitch atm.

mariogamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be honest I didn't actually use PegaSwitch after that because most scripts simply won't run on 4.1 (the required services work somewhat differently in 4.1), it was more the thought that I could write my own scripts if I chose to. Don't have a real use for PegaSwitch atm.
Some script might still work. (What do you mean exactly by differently)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/4l3lyXcUDkI?feature=shared&t=43