Hacking Peculiar brick situation.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Dopply said:
I have tried installing 4.1 once, and the install work, but it still didn't proceed any farther than the Wii Health & Safety Screen. It never prompted me to press A.

I think that this eliminates Priiloader issues as installation of a fresh sysmenu overwrites priiloader and its hacks. Another possibility is a duff Bluetooth unit as this kicks in before the Press A message pops up. If its trying to activate but can't, then it will hang regardless of which menu you are on

Linkpal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I suppose it couldn't be a priiloader issue, as I was still stuck at the Health & Safety Screen.

Linkpal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was what I used to have to do, before I assumed Priiloader was causing an issue (I don't like having to wait for my system to catch up) and tried uninstalling it.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Not had much experience with the Wii rescue menu. Im thinking if you can get 4.1 on and use the system rescue menu to update via a disc to 4.2. This may need some clarification as to whether or not it stands any chance of working.

Linkpal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so every time I try to install a system menu from Dop-Mii it gives me an error: Content hashes do not match, or something of the sort.

Does anyone know what that means?

Linkpal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would really like to get this working before Christmas, so I'm bumping this in a last-ditch effort.

If that doesn't work, can someone tell me how to extract all my old savegames, userdata, playdata, etc from my old NAND backup? Thank you.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dopply said:
Thank you.

Can anymore of my data be backed up?

You can pull other content from your Bootmii backup. Hang on to it and restore the other bits later, if you find you need to. I believe you can pull the play logs and messages; check Wiibrew to see where they're stored, then restore them with fstoolbox. It's honestly easier to just re-download the rest of the content (Wiiware) and get/make updated forwarders.

Linkpal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thesund0g said:
Dopply said:
Thank you.

Can anymore of my data be backed up?

You can pull other content from your Bootmii backup. Hang on to it and restore the other bits later, if you find you need to. I believe you can pull the play logs and messages; check Wiibrew to see where they're stored, then restore them with fstoolbox. It's honestly easier to just re-download the rest of the content (Wiiware) and get/make updated forwarders.
Alright, that's all I need. Thank you, and a Merry Christmas to all. Thanks to everyone who helped me.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1