Hacking Peculiar brick situation.

Linkpal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never thought I'd have to make this topic, heh.

Anyways, I've done it now; the Wii will simply not advance farther than the Health & Safety Screen. It never prompts me to press A. Now, it's not a full 'freeze' in essence that I have to hard power off the Wii; I can soft power off and the Wii will shut down like normal. Anyway, this behavior occurred after I attempted to uninstall Priiloader. It was trying to remove 'extra files', but it got stuck. I left it there for like two hours, but nothing happened. I restarted and this problem occurred.

I'm running a 4.3 Wan U launch Wii. Bootmii as boot2 and the Homebrew Channel are installed.

Now, my first instinct to this problem was that it was some kind of banner brick; the only non-Nintendo channel I had was the USB Loader forwarder channel, which, using Priiloader's hacks, I swapped in place with the disc channel. I think this may have something to do with the issue, but I'm not sure.

This event has prompted me to pledge to stop using cIOS, Waninkoko's apps, and backup loaders, even if they are for games I legitimately own.

Anyways, any help would be much, much appreciated, as my Wii is very dear to me and I've had it since I stood in line for 8 hours in 2006. I know I should have thought about that before doing extensive soft modification upon it, but still. Thank you very much in advance.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since you have bootmii as boot2 you can boot into the homebrew channel and reinstall the system menu.

EDIT: Use DOP-Mii or get the system menu wad and install with a wad manager.

Linkpal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riley said:
Since you have bootmii as boot2 you can boot into the homebrew channel and reinstall the system menu.

EDIT: Use DOP-Mii or get the system menu wad and install with a wad manager.
Can the current version of Dop-Mii update to 4.3?

I had (through a past backup of my NAND) attempted to downgrade to 4.1, but the problem persisted.

Linkpal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
Download cboot2
Multi Mod Manager
System IOS and System menu
Cboot2 MMM, install system ios, install system menu
I can successful enter the Homebrew Channel, so cboot2 isn't needed. I apologize, but I'm not quite sure what the rest of the directions are indicating.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Others have given you good answers but heres mine you might find it good...
1. download modmii and do W update.
2. Start the modmii guide (it will give you one) where you make a nand backup. Even if your wii is bricked a nand backup is a safety in case you brick it more.
3. If that does not fix it get anytitledeleter and delete all the channels you find irrelevant.(you got a nand backup dont you? so you dont have to worry)

Linkpal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Any Title Deleter to delete the forwarder channel. That didn't do anything.

The only other channel I have is Riivolution.

Linkpal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, after lots of backing up and restoring with Bootmii, I'm losing a little hope.

I keep trying to re-install System Menu 4.3...but it always gets hung up when it installs the 2/9 part...it does not proceed. I've tried doing it manually via WAD Manager, via Multi Mod Manager, anything, and nothing will work.

Linkpal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
You can do this Use NAND Formatter to completely Re-install your Wii
This is a solution I don't want to commit to at the moment.

Is there any reasoning behind my current troubles of trying to reinstall the system menu?

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try to install 4.2 instead... but i dont get this... it installs all the ios but hangs on system menu? you can just delete your system menu with anytiltle deleter... or can you?

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
pst, follow the savemii diagram

it'll show your error
wink.gif

@magzor : no, deleting SM will fuck EVERYTHING

Linkpal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, at least I know what my problem is now.

I'm not quite sure how to fix it, though. This guide seems out of date and I know that buying a SaveMii would probably be out of interest because of my ability to access The Homebrew Channel/BootMii.

Anything I should try?

Linkpal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
Do you have "auto press A" hack enabled. Im thinking this possibly could be a mail brick if the hack is enabled
I did at one point yes. I think I turned it off.

Oh God if I didn't, haha, ugh, I'm such an idiot.

Is there a way to fix such a problem, if I indeed left it on?

Linkpal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThePowerOutage said:
Re-install priiloader, disable all hacks then uninstall
I figured that might be the answer, but Priiloader simply won't install for me.

It will get to the end and then freeze, making me start all over again. It freezes at the part where it looks for 'extra items to delete'.

Linkpal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My main source of my problem is me attempting to uninstall Priiloader, because I foolishly thought that was the reason for my sluggish performance and oft-freezes in-game.

Now when I attempt to install Priiloader, it always stops at 'Attempting to delete leftover files...' followed by 'Password file: Not found'. I never set a password, if that matters.

And then, when I reset and reboot, my Wii is completely bricked, black screen, so I have to restore from Bootmii again.

If I can get Priiloader back, I think I can fix my problem.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Looking back it seems like you havent tried to re-install sysmenu was and IOS for 4.3. Installation of the menu should overwrite priiloader/preloader and any hacks that were in place. Have you tried that yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8