PC stops at starting windows screen

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by NicknackMpogiatz, Apr 3, 2012.

1. NicknackMpogiatz
    OP

NicknackMpogiatz Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2011
    Greece
    I was watching videos on youtube but suddenly the screen froze and a blue screen appered.It restarted and then the screen was black with some text: NTLDR is missing.Press alt+ctrl+del to restart.I pressed alt ctrl del and it restarted.It showed the same thing.I detached every usb cable connected to the pc and started it again.It booted but it was stuck in the starting windows screen. Can you figure out what happened?
    EDIT:OS windows 7 home premium 64 bit.Also i said i detached every usb device connected to it and then it booted but got stuck in starting windows screen

2. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    System file got corrupted. You can either use a boot disc (floppy boot disk, recovery CD, live OS, etc) to get into an operable state and just replace the corrupted file (NTLDR) yourself, or you can try to do it through the Windows DVD repair tools.

I don't actually know how to use the repair tools... I just used a Linux Live CD, got online, downloaded the file (from google), dragged it over the old file, overwrote it, then rebooted. It worked fine after that.

3. pspunabletohack

pspunabletohack GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2010
    Belgium
    NTLDR got corrupted do you have a Windows 7 disk (or what OS are you using) ?

4. celcodioc

celcodioc Major A$$hole

Nov 13, 2011
  5. thiefb0ss

thiefb0ss GBAtemp Regular

Feb 26, 2012
    Serbia, Republic of
    Moscow
    I had this problem. My internal fan cable was loose. I replugged it in and it worked again.