Gaming PC stops at starting windows screen

niklakis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I was watching videos on youtube but suddenly the screen froze and a blue screen appered.It restarted and then the screen was black with some text: NTLDR is missing.Press alt+ctrl+del to restart.I pressed alt ctrl del and it restarted.It showed the same thing.I detached every usb cable connected to the pc and started it again.It booted but it was stuck in the starting windows screen. Can you figure out what happened?
EDIT:OS windows 7 home premium 64 bit.Also i said i detached every usb device connected to it and then it booted but got stuck in starting windows screen

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
System file got corrupted. You can either use a boot disc (floppy boot disk, recovery CD, live OS, etc) to get into an operable state and just replace the corrupted file (NTLDR) yourself, or you can try to do it through the Windows DVD repair tools.

I don't actually know how to use the repair tools... I just used a Linux Live CD, got online, downloaded the file (from google), dragged it over the old file, overwrote it, then rebooted. It worked fine after that.

pspunabletohack

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I was watching videos on youtube but suddenly the screen froze and a blue screen appered.It restarted and then the screen was black with some text: NTLDR is missing.Press alt+ctrl+del to restart.I pressed alt ctrl del and it restarted.It showed the same thing.I detached every usb cable connected to the pc and started it again.It booted but it was stuck in the starting windows screen. Can you figure out what happened?
NTLDR got corrupted do you have a Windows 7 disk (or what OS are you using) ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hello there.