Homebrew PC program that installs CIAs to an SD card

Hyper99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
A PC program that works as FBI for PC. For example: You must select the SD card volume, select the CIA and then press an Install button so the program detects the Nintendo 3DS folder so it can install the CIA onto the SD card.

Is it possible? This is so we don't have to use the error filled FBI servers like Boop. Everything will be direct and fast, like installing a CIA using normal FBI.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had no idea that actually existed. Thanks.
It's not quite like FBI. You still need to use FBI to list those PC installed titles onto the 3DS database by relocating title folder and installing an additional set of dummy or pseudo CIAs.

I don't think QuickSetup3DS is appropriate for only a handful or individual installations. It works great if you're mass installing everything at once though.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up that you can batch install a ton of .cia files from a folder on your SD card using FBI. It will automatically delete the .cia's after they are successfully installed, so it's not like you will need an SD card that is double your required size or anything.

Be sure to install all your titles in REVERSE alphabetical order if you want them to appear on the 3DS menu in regular alphabetical order.

Re: Boop and the like - Those apps actually aren't that buggy, it's just that there are serious platform limitations on the 3DS that make wirelessly transferring large numbers of files a really bad idea. This will never change.

Last edited by PityOnU,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head