OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp. It has come to this.
*ahem*
TempLogo.png

01.png Quick1.png Quick2.png Quick3.png Quick4.png Quick5.png Quick6.png Quick7.png Quick8.png Quick9.png
So, last year I was working on a remaster of Mega Man 2 as a project for my game design class. I was handling overall design and programming (read almost everything), while my buddy Alex worked on the art. We made good progress, getting about 1/3rd of the game done by the end of the school year. Did great on the grade.
Unfortunately, Alex never finished all the art I needed, so much of it is still placeholder. We meant to continue the project over the summer, but alas, that was not the case.
So I bring to you the final build I put together back then, as I will not work on the project any more at this time. I also attach the source code (yeah I was using GMS), in case anyone wants it. It's not very well commented, so beware!

==Game Features==
A lot of the changes made to the game from the original were to try fixing some issues we had with it on a design level. Nothing too drastic, but still changes nonetheless. The idea was to make an almost definitive alternate version of the game for PC.

-3D graphics for the terrain, and updated 2D sprites for the objects!
-1920x1080 resolution.
-Remixed tracks by RushJet1, with the original SFX.
-4 Robot Master Stages and 1 Wily Stage mostly based on the originals, but with some changes
-5 Master Weapons and 3 Mobility Items, some of which function slightly differently than the originals.
-4 Robot Masters, 1 Wily Boss, and 1 hidden Boss to fight!
-Gameboy games style HUD and Weapon Select
-No Lives. Well, not in the usual sense. They essentially function as W Tanks now. Kinda. Was still working on that.
-Bugs and glitches here and there. You have been warned!
-I will not be updating this. Probably. Sorry.

==Links==
[Pretty sure they are fixed]
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9gceWRvsV9AS1lHUUxLSmx3RU0
https://filetrip.net/dl?TN3Q963tQ7
Binary Only: https://filetrip.net/dl?slkAspwEtC

Enjoy!

Last edited by BLsquared,

BLsquared

Game Programmer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice game btw :P Found the Airman level slightly confusing because of the darker platforms though :unsure:
Ah. Gotcha. Well, that was probably one of the more rushed stages; if I could, I would probably redo most of it xD
I was trying to have them darker so they would appear more in the background, but that did not work well.

BLsquared

Game Programmer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice vid! Sorry I failed to upload any of that stuff; I'll get right on it!
I see everyone seems to enjoy AirMan's stage. Again, it's one of the most rushed ones, so it's got problems, so for the "complete" experience I'd recommend playing Quick Man's stage. It was the first stage we made, and thus the one with the most work put into it.
Man, loking back at AirMan, there was so much I needed to fix... like his bad animation. Again, thanks Alex for not doing all the art xD

EDIT:
Uploaded some screenies of QuickMan's Stage! Hopefully that gives a good idea of the game, as well as @Coolsonickirby's video.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: