PC can't detect SDHC card

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by agony, Feb 13, 2009.

Feb 13, 2009

PC can't detect SDHC card by agony at 12:03 PM (2,306 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. agony
    OP

Member agony GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    I have a kingston 8gb SDHC card. I tried using two different card reader on my window XP PC.

The first card reader comes with the acekard 2.1 that I bought. It gave me an error that the disk is not formatted but when I try to format it, it says that it cannot be formatted.

For the the other card reader, I don't even see the drive in the my computer folder.

What is wrong? Or is my sdhc card really spoil?

2. joepie91

Newcomer joepie91 Member

Netherlands
    First you should verify that the card readers really support SDHC (not all card readers do).
    Then, if you are really sure it supports SDHC, you could try to use another formatting tool (I believe there is something called Panasonic SD Formatter, that should do the trick).
    If nothing works, just call the company where you bought the MicroSD card, and ask for a replacement. If the replacement doesn't work either, call them again, and try to make them send you a replacement of another brand (of the same value) since not all brands are of equal quality.

3. agony
    OP

Member agony GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    it does appear that the card reader that comes with the acekard is not working. hell, the acekard itself is not working. I really got rotten luck.

4. Purses

Member Purses GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had a similar problem, turns out I had to install RICOH Flash Media Controller Driver and reboot.