PC as a wii u gamepad.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by spaxxii, Jul 20, 2016.

1. spaxxii
    OP

spaxxii Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2016
    Sooo.. i googled alot around for this, cant find anything about it, just to reverse thing i want.

so can you get you'r PC to connect to your Wii U as a gamepad/regualr wii remote. eather it exists and i suck on google. or someone havent made it yet? cos all i find is '' How to use XXXX to your PC '' but i want to use my PC as XXXX to my Wii U :)

Edit : i dont wanna pair it with some cabels, i would like to see if i could connect with my bluetooth on my laptop.

Last edited by spaxxii, Jul 20, 2016
  2. JR0DGamerz

JR0DGamerz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2016
    Canada
    use a usb to gamepad homebrew and plug in a usb keyboard.

find out the keys also, i'm too tired to list them.

3. spaxxii
    OP

spaxxii Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2016
    im more looking for a wierless sulotion, like a laptop with bluetooth :)

4. Biduleman

Biduleman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2006
    Canada
    Qu├ębec
    You could use a wireless keyboard (and mouse? I'm not sure) combo.

5. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    OSv10 v15702
    Other people in this thread are suggesting to use the HID-to-VPAD homebrew to allow a USB keyboard/mouse combo to be used as a GamePad. This is not what the OP is asking for. He want to know if it is possible to actually connect his laptop to the Wii U and use it as a GamePad.

It is possible, but not a lot of people have actually accomplished it. It doesn't use Bluetooth, but rather Wi-Fi to connect to the Wii U (which means that you cannot be connected to the interwebs at the same time, unfortunately).

You will need Linux on your computer, preferably a version of Ubuntu ~13.04 I think? You will also need compatible Wi-Fi hardware, which may mean purchasing a usb-rt2800 (or something like that) USB modem. You will also need to set up libdrc and some other program, look through page 10+ of the forum to find it.

I apologise, as I wish I knew more about this, but I don't.

6. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    You need Linux and some other software. Wish I had a link but I don't. If you don't know Linux at all it wouldn't be worth the trouble to side-boot it just for that.

7. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    http://libdrc.org/ is what you are looking for but it has the limitations mentioned above.