Paypal is really starting to irritate me!

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I need to verify my Paypal account. I click on get verified and it takes me to a page with 2 options. I clicked on the one that says Add my bank account because I don't want to apply for a credit card. So I entered my information and all that but an error comes up and tells me that I cannot add my bank account because my account is limited. I tried to add my debit card too after clicking on some pages and trying to resolve this issue, but I still get this error >_> . I have $17 sitting in there that I got from doing surveys, and I really want to transfer them into my bank account but I cannot for the life of me, figure out what's going on. I tried searching for answers on the paypal site as well as google, but nothing helpful came up.

Does anyone know what I'm really supposed to do to get verified, or is something just wrong with Paypal right now?

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Snorlax said:
If your account is limited, you can't take any money out for 180 days. ._.
Supply some paperwork validating your address and stuff.

THIS.

Took only one day for them to sort my stuff out when I applied for a Paypal debit card.

Just need to send them a scan of your Proof of address, State ID, and Social Security card.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't even need to submit all those papers to them. Just pick up your phone and call them. They'll ask your SSN and use it to pull your credit report. That alone is sufficient to validate your ID.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't apply for anything on Paypal though. I just signed up for a personal account some time in 2009, but wasn't able to verify it all this time. Now that I have my own bank account and debit card, I went back to it for it to tell me that I'm limited. There was a checklist for me to complete in order to remove the limitations but adding a bank account is part of that checklist and those would not work for me. I can probably send in a copy of my bank statement but since I'm going paperless to avoid getting charged monthly, would paypal still accept it? I also have my own debit card, but no credit card or anything (Can they even get my credit status if I've never used a credit card before?).

Anyway, if I still need to send in those stuff then I guess I can do them. I've already sent a copy of my State ID since it was part of the checklist. As for proof of address, doesn't the State ID count as verification for that? If not, then how I can get the proof? As for sending in a copy of my SSN card, that seems kind of risky.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, just call them. You DO NOT need to send them any paper. Just call them and give them your SSN. They'll pull a credit report (whether you have a credit card or not is irrelevant, everyone has a credit report even if he/she does not have credit card/loan). Your credit report contains all your info which is sufficient to verify your ID. All financial institution uses credit report to verify ID.

You can get your credit reports free on annual basis from
https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

They (Equifax, Experian, Transunion) do this because federal law requires them to do so.

For ChexSystems
https://www.consumerdebit.com/consumerinfo/.../freereport.htm

ChexSystems records all your deposit accounts' misbehaviors (overdraft, NSF, etc).

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Will I be charged for making a call? I don't have my own cell phone (yet) and I don't want my dad or bro to question me later if something happens.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just received an email from Paypal saying that my account has been restored. I guess all I really needed to do was just send in a photocopy of my State ID. Thanks for the help guys
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*