'Payload_stage1.bin is not compatible'

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by turn, Mar 20, 2017.

1. turn
    OP

turn Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Hi there, trying to install all this stuff on my newly purchased 2ds.
    I've been following this guide: https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

When I go to http://2xrsa.3ds.guide on the browser and press select I get this message.
    "Error: the payload_stage1.bin you're attempting to install is not compatible."

I've used the AuroraWrights Payload from this source: https://gbatemp.net/threads/precomp...e2-bin-for-use-with-safea9lhinstaller.419712/

If any of you guys could help I'd truly appreciate it!
    I've installed all kinds of mods on other devices, but this seems to be one of the most time consuming.

Thank you all!

Last edited by turn, Mar 20, 2017
  2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Why are you not using the payload_stage1.bin that Plailect provided for you in the guide? :/ I mean, the files are given to you for a reason.

Also, the screen is supposed to be like that on a 2DS. The guide mentions this if you read what was on the page.

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Mar 20, 2017
    VictorMoreno015 and turn like this.
  3. turn
    OP

turn Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Well I just bricked it anyway by formatting it in hopes of just resetting everything. Had gone over the 'do not format step' with my buddy too but after all the 8 million steps completely forgot about it. Great!
    Anything I can do to get GameStop to take this back and return it?

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    ...This is why we double check the guide before you do anything drastic, such as formatting a 2DS while on 2.1. You could try this, but good luck getting GameStop to take it back. The next person who buys it can't even use the console, so it might as well be a paper weight.

Next time, don't get your underwear in a twist and wait for someone to give you an answer OR read the guide thoroughly before doing something the guide specifically tells you not to do.

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Mar 20, 2017
  5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    bummer about ur 2ds, man. I'm sorry that happened. the guide is long, yes, but u've gotta be very careful especially on 2.1.

6. turn
    OP

turn Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Thank you for the resource, I'll look into that. And you're right; it's late and I jumped the gun. Was trying to get this finished before bed tonight and was frustrated... Definitely didn't expect the quick response but I do appreciate it.

Feel pretty irritated with myself right now for dropping $140 on a bunch of stuff that literally amounts to nothing currently. Praying this fix will work.

Last edited by turn, Mar 20, 2017
  7. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    we all learn from experience. we usually learn more when we do something wrong. chuck it up to that. now, u know what not to do, so u won't make that mistake again.

8. mario-lucis-caelum

mario-lucis-caelum GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2016
    Wow idiot

9. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Wow rude. He knows he messed up, don't rub salt in the wound.

SirECK, VictorMoreno015 and godreborn like this.
  10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    don't say that. the guy already feels bad enough about the system. it depresses me when I see people on temp making fun of someone because they bricked usually a 3ds or a wii u. say something constructive instead.

KunoichiZ likes this.
  11. I_AM_L_FORCE

I_AM_L_FORCE Unban me from Discord

Feb 19, 2015
    London
    I suppose you made a NAND backup? Or at least a XORpad dump. If 2Dsaver doesn't work, install a hardmod and reflash your NAND or manually repair it.

12. VictorMoreno015

VictorMoreno015 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    Las Vegas
    wow you are a idiot for responding like that

13. SirECK

SirECK GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    If you have a NAND backup you should be able to hardmod and flash it back.
    Also I found on the forums a way to unbrick a formatted 2DS. https://gbatemp.net/threads/2dsaver-beta-fix-your-2ds-format-brick-testers-needed.457828/
    You can go over that and see if you can use that.

14. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
  15. SirECK

SirECK GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    Apparently so.

16. VictorMoreno015

VictorMoreno015 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    Las Vegas
    I just read it and it looks like if he doesn't have Cubic Ninja then he's got no choice but to hardmod it. I really doubt he'd be lucky enough to have a copy of it near him

17. SirECK

SirECK GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    He could also use Zelda OOT if he's got another console or if he can borrow one. That game is easier to find and cheaper too.

18. Xiantyl

Xiantyl Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2017
    United States
    I bricked a new 3ds in a similar manner lol , some of us learn best from making the actual mistake xD

19. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    And this is why I tell people to study the guide. If you don't know what you are doing, educate yourself, don't guess randomly. The information is right there and so were the tools.
    And chances are gamestop won't take it back, you can try, but you did violate your warranty