ROM Hack patching mario and luigi bowsers inside story

bakec00kies

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read through countless threads on how to patch mario and luigi bowswer, but every time i begin to follow the instructions, my plans go haywire. I either dont know where something is, or how to do something, and eventually i switch to another thread to start all over. Can someone just give me a detailed instruction on how to get it to work. I dont know what's goign on half the time and i really need help.

thanks

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
bakec00kies said:
I've read through countless threads on how to patch mario and luigi bowswer, but every time i begin to follow the instructions, my plans go haywire. I either dont know where something is, or how to do something, and eventually i switch to another thread to start all over. Can someone just give me a detailed instruction on how to get it to work. I dont know what's goign on half the time and i really need help.

thanks
I don't know about any other patches or anything.... And I never got my ROM of the game to work, but this is what I found on it...

1. Get YSMenu. There are some programs that auto-compile the files you need. I don't know what version you need for the ROM to work, but it isn't the most recent version.
2. Get a clean Bowser's Inside Story rom. CLEAN.
3. Get the XDelta BIS patch.
4. Rename the BIS ROM as needed.
5. Double Click the batch file.

ALTERNATELY
1. Get YSMenu. There are some programs that auto-compile the files you need. I don't know what version you need for the ROM to work, but it isn't the most recent version.
2. Get a clean Bowser's Inside Story rom. CLEAN.
3. Get the Anti Piracy AR Code and use it.

ALTERNATELY AGAIN
1. Get a clean Bowser's Inside Story rom. CLEAN.
2. Get a flash cart that has anti piracy block built in.
3. Put the ROM in the flash cart.
4. Have fun.

That's how I was learning to do it, but it apparently didn't work for me for one reason or another. :\ A lot of people say it works, so that's why i'm telling you.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
YSMenu built with the latest unofficial DSTT firmware will run the ROM without the need for a patch or AR anti-piracy code.

P.S It would help if you told people exactly what type of flashcart you have and exactly which version of the firmware you are running.

bakec00kies

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh well i got the ysmenu, im using the r4 to run it.
does anyone know how to use the usrcheat.dat when i make the AR code?

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bakec00kies said:
ooh thanks.
its so hard with the ysmenu.
i wonder why everyone wants it so much

because you can play newer games with YSMenu easier. and it gets updated. [it uses DSTT firmware thats why]

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bakec00kies said:
ooh thanks.
its so hard with the ysmenu.
i wonder why everyone wants it so much
What's so difficult about YSMenu?
And as basher11 said, everyone likes YSMenu because it's FAR more compatible with new games than the outdated official firmware and it can load games faster.
It also has the benefit of being able to work with Moonshell 2.06 + linoul's YSLoader to act like the Sakura firmware... although it can't run cheats.

bakec00kies

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like thers no directions how to use anything. the ysmenu just practically gives you eveyrthing and lets you figure stuff out yourself. like i still dont know how to run cheats. and i dont know wat the two check boxes underneath mean either.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bakec00kies said:
like thers no directions how to use anything. the ysmenu just practically gives you eveyrthing and lets you figure stuff out yourself. like i still dont know how to run cheats. and i dont know wat the two check boxes underneath mean either.ALL of the boxes are labeled...
QUOTE[ ] DMA . [ ] Reset . [ ] Cheat [ ... ]
DMA = Direct Memory Access. You will -NEVER- get a bigger description than "DMA" inside any firmware.
Reset = Reset. Real difficult to figure this stuff out.
Cheat = Cheats. This isn't freaking rocket science.
... = More. "..." is an ellipsis, usually indicates there's more that has been left out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn McDonald's ice cream machine broken