Patching a Save file

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by bobwuzhere1224, Jul 22, 2011.

Jul 22, 2011

Patching a Save file by bobwuzhere1224 at 6:36 PM (454 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. bobwuzhere1224
    OP

Member bobwuzhere1224 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    How do I patch a game with a save file with an updated patch and not lose the save file?

2. Anne Noise

Member Anne Noise GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well, unless you're patching something that changes how the game reads saves, the .sav file you have should still work with the patched game. Just make sure if the patcher changes the file name that you use the same file name with the .sav extension.

3. andibad

Member andibad Soon™

Indonesia
    yes, is not lose since is still same save algorithm on game, patch is just replace on file system (AP fuction on some game), and is not modified on save control save, so is will work....

but if patch is for mod ROM like pokemon games, is still working too since save structure is not changed (data on event is not changed, and still not change)... if in that mod was added a few new NPC event it will broken, but you still can used it.... with lose some event i think.....

for now you can try it ... anyway i was test, and is still working for me , but it will lose some event~ item (if that mod was give a many item......)