Patcher is at it again

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1 sold Wii U is 1 sold Wii U for nintendo.
Sold game is a sold game.

If the Wii U didn't have games I'd still buy it.
To put it in be cupboard and stare at it ;3

I don't think I need to tell my point now, cause by that answer, I think I have a pretty clear image of what kind of gamer you are. -_-'

Reactions: TripleSMoon

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, tell me.
What kind of gamer you think I am ;o

Instead of flat out telling you, reflect a bit on what you said in earlier posts. :)
I don't know if you see it, but I'm pretty sure others can see it as well.

The true winners of the video game industry are not only the gamers, but it's also the company that makes the console that is able to cater every audience's demand. Patcher's point is the fact that Nintendo is struggling to do that with the WiiU presently.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Instead of flat out telling you, reflect a bit on what you said in earlier posts. :)
I don't know if you see it, but I'm pretty sure others can see it as well.

The true winners of the video game industry are not only the gamers, but it's also the company that makes the console that is able to cater every audience's demand. Patcher's point is the fact that Nintendo is struggling to do that with the WiiU presently.

Wow ._.
You really think you I care about it?

Damn.
Excuse me whilst I play Sheep for GBA.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No, I don't think you do. Which further illustrates my point of your image.
Good day. :)

Meh whatever you want ;3

Seeyahs~
I'm having fun with me games.
It's what their meant to do~

Reactions: Deleted-236924

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't the cheapest WiiU $300 and the ps4 400? $50s cheaper? there are titles such as Tom Clancy, watch dogs, Assassins creed, batman all making it's way to t he wiiu. It will sale more in the hackers scene since a soft mod is currently being worked on.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No gaems, no third party support, no account system, no region free gaeming, unattractive price point, inability of first party gaems to utilise the gaempad in a substantive way, failure of marketing the system leading to people think said new system is an add on for the predecessor system.

Why would anyone buy a Wii U?
To play Mario games, the upcoming Wind Waker HD and Smash Bros, Donkey Kong Country and of course, replace the Wii with the Wii U since the Wii mode can be hacked.

Much like those that have come before, a rerelease of an old game, games that are not out yet and err because they have money to burn compared to something as or more functional but easier to do.

It is not like the Wii U price will rise and it is not like all the stock will magically vanish into the ether as and when something might come out for it.

To that end

"Why would anyone buy a Wii U?"

Actually no I can not say that

Why would anyone with a modicum of financial responsibility buy a Wii U?

Reactions: gamefan5

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why would anyone with a modicum of financial responsibility buy a Wii U?

1. Coz they like the concept of the wii u (the gamepad, the experience)
2. They like Nintendo games and the ones on Wii U, or soon to come
3. They're casual parents who want an easy way to entertain their children
4. They believe it to be more worth it than PS4/XBO
5. They know lots of people with Wii u's

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

stomp_442

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He made perfect sense to me. If you love Nintendo games or have young kids you will probably get a WiiU and if you love other games you will use your PC or one of the other consoles. So hardcore gaming and Nintendo fans will end up utilising two systems like we did with the Wii, unless you're one of those muppets who actually tried to play modern warfare on the Wii.
I played MW3 on the Wii and liked it. If the PS360 had controls like the Wii then I would have played on that console, now it's the Wii U BO2.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Personally, I think he's right on the money.
And I consider myself a huge Nintendo Fan boy ( played almost exclusively on Nintendo systems and handhelds since 1987 ).

I don't think he's opinionated or that he hates Nintendo, if you go and watch some of his older Pach Attack episodes he actually praised Nintendo all the time.
It's only after they made a few questionable decision ( as a company ) that he started to criticize them.

But he's right :ha:.

The huge mistake on Nintendo behalf was waiting way too long to launch a Wii U.
By 2009 the Wii was basically dead, but still a very popular brand.
Most people moved to other systems or PC gaming as a result of lack of games ( first or third-party ) .
Had the Wii U come 2 years early, it would have been riding on the Wii momentum and it would have been a huge competition for the PS360, with arguably better graphics and a cool controller.
By the time PS4 and XBone would have hit the market, the Wii U would have been an established platform on it's own with millions of happy owners and a shitload of games.

As it stands, with the next generation around the corner, developers have rightfully lost interest, plain and simple.
A lot of people will still get a Wii U for Nintendo games ( like Pachter said ) , but that won't be enough to make it a #1 seller ever again.

So I'd say, with all due respect, Pachter is right.

Reactions: gamefan5

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time Pachter makes some statement, or something he says is taken out of context and plastered all over headlines, Nintendo fans find some new way to be embarrassingly fanny flustered. There's enough spewed spaghetti here to feed the entire continent of Africa until the eventual heat death of the universe.

Maybe people could stop being so petty and defensive about their console of choice.
Maybe people could realize that Michael Pachter is not speaking from the perspective of a core gamer, and so his opinions and viewpoints might differ from yours.
Maybe people could stop trying to deny the Wii U's precarious situation and the struggles Nintendo has in selling people on the device.
Maybe people could accept that Pachter isn't the big bad boogeyman, and that throwing childish insults at him will accomplish nothing.
Maybe people could realize that acting so childish about anything Nintendo-related only reinforces the notion that Nintendo products are only for children.
Maybe people could understand that if you don't care for Pachter, you could just ignore him and not give him the traffic.

A bit too much to ask for, I'm sure, but a man can dream.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Tablets/Smartphones don't have real games though.

Game n.
A form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.

Even though most are lacking in depth and even more so are quite frankly shovelware (fucking Angry Birds), they are still games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.