Hacking Patched games in the future?

og style

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have backed up all of my Wii games and patched them for v0.1. I see on v0.3 that you don't have to patch them now. Will there be issues in the future with the patched ones? Should I reburn them without being patched? I have about 10 games.

Thanks

Weslord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I would suggest having a look at the stickied backup loader 0.3 compatibility thread. Some games seem to work better patched(decrypted), and some tend to work better as 1:1 copies.

Shadowluigi323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why they wouldn't work with patched games anymore, In other words why would they get rid of the compatibility to run patched games. Well just keep the copy of the game until further notices.

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some people running 0.3 say they have had problems running some games 1:1 and only got it to work patched and seeing as that we are coming up from the previous loader that mainly ran only patched games i would just keep patching. Worst comes to worst you will have the originals to reburn 1:1 if needed in the future but as everyone has mentioned, its highly unlikely that support for patched games will disappear.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tomazzzi said:
Is there a way to unpatch the games if support disapear ?
Its impossible to unpatch a game - it is possible to patch a game after you burn it 1:1

Burn all future games directly and if patching support does stop you wont cry.
If a game doesnt work then you can try patching it then - but all future games will be 1:1 so dont waste time patching them.

tomazzzi

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for you reply !

Sorry but i m curious ....can u explain me why it s impossible to unpatch game ?
biggrin.gif

Shadowluigi323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
tomazzzi said:
Is there a way to unpatch the games if support disapear ?
Its impossible to unpatch a game - it is possible to patch a game after you burn it 1:1

Burn all future games directly and if patching support does stop you wont cry.
If a game doesnt work then you can try patching it then - but all future games will be 1:1 so dont waste time patching them.
Just ignore this please.

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Shadowluigi323 said:
I don't see why they wouldn't work with patched games anymore

More coding is needed to keep both methods running. Actually I think it would be better to concentrate on 1:1 and drop patched discs. That way they could really focus on making progress.

@Shadowluigi323: I think/hope that was a joke?!

Weslord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tomazzzi said:
Thanks for you reply !

Sorry but i m curious ....can u explain me why it s impossible to unpatch game ?
biggrin.gif

Because the games are not actually "patched" per-se. They are decrypted. Once the information is removed in the "patching"(decrypting) process, it's gone forever. There's no way to put it back in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo