1. GeRmAnSnAkE

OP GeRmAnSnAkE Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Hi guys,

i recently acquired Dragon Quest Monster Terry Wonderland in the translated version and i am wondering how to get it on my Sky3DS. When i try to copy it on the SD-Card it tells me it has no "...resource data yet, please update the template.txt".

Now i know i can't copy games which are modified just like that. but i also tried to generate a template with a tool, but unfortunately it just shows me "ERROR: "b-dqm3d.3ds" contains invalid data".

Do you guys have an idea how i get to play the game over my Sky3DS.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Hunter

Hunter i'ma stuffup the board
    Former Staff

Australia
    there is no way to run unsigned roms on a sky3ds

you will need to get a cfw

3. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Brazil
  4. trigao

trigao Ninten

Brazil
    have you tested with HANS???
    probably will work

5. GeRmAnSnAkE

OP GeRmAnSnAkE Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    With this method i would need to custom firmware in my 3DS, right? Right now, it's on the newest firmware and i use online functionality with original carts. And i am not into modding my 3DS, thats why i got the Sky3DS in the first place.

6. trigao

trigao Ninten

Brazil
    Nope, you just need homebrew acess

7. Gcentrex

Gcentrex GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can not run edited rom files skycard all it does is pretend to be a legit game card hence why edited files do not work.

If you want to play that translation you will need to ether setup CFW on your system.

Or get a cubic ninja rom and use that to load home brew loader allowing you to use a HANS version if it’s avaliable or you make your own using brain dump.

8. Mr.Faq2015

Mr.Faq2015 /ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/

Argentina
    You can't use Hans as it's not a problem console-side. It's card-writer-side, they can't write the game to the card. Indeed, sadly you can't play modified games on sky3ds, without trying to repack the game and hoping it gets all the info right. You're better off trying to install a custom firmware on your 3ds and using simpler methods involving an unmodified version of the game being patched externally.
    Btw, the successful attempt in the thread Sliter linked may be because just the romfs was modified, that's where game data is stored after all, despite these affirmations might not be 100% true. Still, trying to extract, modify and rebuild a game is by far more complicated than using hans or layeredfs for external game modification

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Patched, SKY3DS,