Patch IOS slot used by a Loadstructor channel.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Krestent, Dec 31, 2009.

Dec 31, 2009
  1. Krestent
    OP

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    OK, first my system specs: cIOS rev14, cIOS 222 rev2 (yes, I know I need to update it), cIOS rev16 patched and installed as IOS4, SM4.0 updated to when it was latest through Waninkoko, Bootmii/boot2.

Now, I load all my USB-loading games, with the exception of a boy and his blob, through channels made with Loadstructor. The problem becomes, my copy of NSMBW is a clean copy. If I make a channel with Loadstructor, is there a way to patch it's used IOS to IOS4?

2. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    First, why in the world did you install cIOS as IOS4?

Anyway, the channel itself can be made to use IOS4 by running the wad through wwPacker (use the "Custom" script). It has an option to change the IOS used by a title.

Note that if the DOL inside the wad has an IOS_reload(), it won't matter what IOS you set in the channel TMD - the DOL's IOS_Reload() takes precedence unless you get the DOL source code and modify it.

3. Krestent
    OP

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    To only use rev16 for NSMBW and keep Neogamma support with rev14

EDIT: Going to stick Hermes cIOS into 222 and put rev16 into 223

4. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    As you mentioned it then won't work. As far as I know cLoader does IOS_ReloadIOS(); to reload to the cIOS you've chosen in Loadstructor. So I don't expect this method to work.

However a temporary fix would be holding B while the channel loads. It will then give you a small debug/config menu, where you can select the cIOS cLoader is going to use. At it's actual state cLoader allows IOS222, 223 and 249 to be selected.