Patch for R4i 3DS, confusing instructions, help?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by NekoZelda, Sep 10, 2012.

1. NekoZelda
    OP

Newcomer NekoZelda Newbie

United States
    Hi again. So how about this, can someone help me decipher these instructions for a patch available on the website from the box of my non-working 3DS cart? I've got the file downloaded but here's the "readme" instructions. In case you didn't see my previous post, I have the "Dorasu" icon in my 3DS but it hangs on a black screen with white "Loading" text. (I also have a TTiDS cart for my DS Lite but I don't think I need it...?)

-----------------------------------------

In case of card broken(no card found, no Icon displayed): Using the patch: R4iGold_3DS43_Patch_NDSL.nds

You should get a NDSL and another flashcard(called "A"), which works properly on NDSL.

1.Download the latest WOOD R4 firmware from www.r4ids.cn and unzip it to the root directory of your tf card;

2.Copy R4iGold_3DS43_Patch_NDSL.nds to your tf card;

3.You should get a NDSL;

4.Just power your NDSL on and boot up R4iGold_3DS43_Patch_NDSL.nds with "A" card;

5.Take "A" card out of the NDSL;

6.Reinsert your broken R4i Gold 3DS card into the NDSL;

7.First of all, press KEY_B to check your cards's status

8.Press KEY_A and the updating process will begin;

9.You should keep your NDSL powered on during the updating process;

10.IF the result shows SUCCESS, it means you have updated your R4i Gold 3DS successfully and this card can work on NDSi V1.4.4 and 3DS 4.3.0-10;

------------------
    In case of card non-broken(Icon showed up but error): Using the patch: R4iGold_3DS43_Patch_NDSi.nds

1.Download the latest WOOD R4 firmware from www.r4ids.cn and unzip it to the root directory of your tf card;

2.Copy R4iGold_3DS43_Patch_NDSi.nds to your tf card;

3.You should get a NDSi or a Nintendo 3DS whose version is under 4.3.0-10 complete the updating process;

4.Just power your NDSi on and boot up R4iGold_3DS43_Patch_NDSi.nds;

5.Attention:do not take out your R4i Gold 3DS card;

6.Please press KEY_B to check your cards's status and decide to update your card or not.

7.Press KEY_A and the updating process will begin;

8.You should keep your NDSi powered on during the updating process;

9.IF the result shows SUCCESS, it means you have updated your R4i Gold 3DS successfully and this card can work on NDSi V1.4.4 and 3DS 4.3.0-10

-------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance.

[Edited to add all the instructions in the readme, in case I'm misreading it.]

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    That patch is for DSi/3DS compatibility, it's not the software/kernel/menu to load games.

3. NekoZelda
    OP

Newcomer NekoZelda Newbie

United States
    Ugh. So that won't help then, great. Back to my other post....