PastaCFW with Gateway sysnand?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by buttfactory, Jun 28, 2015.

1. buttfactory
    OP

buttfactory Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2015
    Hey all,

Is it possible to boot into ninjhax and pastaCFW by running a cubic ninja .3ds through my gateway card in sysnand mode after selecting it from the multi-rom menu? Does anyone know if this is safe?

2. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    No. Gateway uses firmlaunch to launch 9.6 native firm (9.5 for n3DS). This patches memchunkhax and other exploits needed by CFW to boot once in Gateway mode. It does not matter if you boot sysnand or not. CFW will never boot from gateway mode.

This should be common knowledge by now and this question should not have required yet another thread on the topic.

peteruk likes this.
  3. buttfactory
    This message by buttfactory has been removed from public view by T-hug, Jun 28, 2015, Reason: Offensive Flame.
    Jun 28, 2015
  4. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    I answered your question. So I don't understand the sarcasm/insult. If you want to be that way fine. I'll just report the thread then.

peteruk likes this.
  5. Julizi

Julizi GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2015
    Germany
    Is there any possibility for this to get fixed in the near future? I would like to play GBA games while staying in Gateway-Mode, it's a curse to reboot your system everytime.

Does the Gateway use 9.6 Firmlaunch too if you're at 4.1-4.5?

6. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    Probably never.

The 3DS has hardware support for GBA/DS/DSi/3DS, with dedicated CPUs to run them, and dedicated OS'es, and it reboots when it switches OS'es.

So no, unless they come up with some sort of bootrom hack. Problem is, such a hack has never been released ever since the 3DS first hit the market.

7. Julizi

Julizi GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2015
    Germany
    That's too bad.
    I only got a 9.2 3DS and want to play Backups and GBA-Games on a travel. Unfortunatly there's no internet. So I need to carry all my originals -.-#

8. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Do you have a o3ds or n3ds? If you have an old 3ds there's still hope

9. Julizi

Julizi GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2015
    Germany
    I've got both. Unfortunately my MM3D N3DS was shipped with 9.5 preinstalled so I only can use my O3DS for PastaCFW/Gateway.^^